Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS relic (?)

Article about: Hi Guys - What do you guys think about the SS decal on this M40 relic? Thanks - Fabe

Hi Fabe, all of your relic helmets are fine examples from what I can see APART from the SS post header. As has been pointed out, they resemble no known type. The soft shield breaks are similar to ET type, but the sharp angled runes are nearer Pocher style. All in all a mish mash of an attempt that should fool no-one. Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS relic (?)
    P
    Many

?

Thanks Leon, I stayed away from that one (someone else did buy it, oh well).

?

Quote by gary emms View Post
    helmet far too small to be waffen ss ... this is a childs or womans helmet, they could be bought privately during the war
    Thank you for your well thought out & reasoned response . We look forward to many more.

Regards
    Brett

I don't know if this helps at all, or is just a waste of forum image storage. But, since I have little to offer in the arena of SS stuff, I used what I do know about photoshop to try and recreate what the shield might have looked like new. The most minute detail seems to define good SS and bad SS, and unfortunately this sort of recreation is going to fall short of the minute. But, if it adds anything at all in it's value as an approximation, here it is:

SS relic (?)

Quote by avenger View Post
    I don't know if this helps at all, or is just a waste of forum image storage. But, since I have little to offer in the arena of SS stuff, I used what I do know about photoshop to try and recreate what the shield might have looked like new. The most minute detail seems to define good SS and bad SS, and unfortunately this sort of recreation is going to fall short of the minute. But, if it adds anything at all in it's value as an approximation, here it is:

SS relic (?)
    Well done, I would have no idea how to go about doing that!! As it is a played with image it does not represent the fake decal as such for obvious reasons, BUT it does highlight the stand out flaws as if it were as seen here we would all fall out of the saloon laughing! Leon.

Well, that was the goal. To try and restore the general shape of things, and to make it somewhat easier to imagine what the thicknesses and layout of the runes would have been on the decal. I did it more than once actually, because some of the proportions kept coming out so weird and wonky. In the end, I'm kind of thinking in some spots they actually are weird and wonky on the decal they used. But, it was pretty chewed up to begin with, so it is what it is, which is the best I could manage. In any case, it was an amusing exercise, and if it helps in any way I'm glad. If not, you get what you pay for.

From what I can see, you got the bottom below the runes pretty accurately. Too bad you could not post a side by side comparison to really see the similarities.

Neat stuff. Thanks for your time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3