Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

strange batch number

Article about: Hi guys,this is my first post here.I have a german helmet,think its anti-aircraft and has this batch number L239/25.Any suggetions on what it means?Thanks!

Default strange batch number

Hi guys,this is my first post here.I have a german helmet,think its anti-aircraft and has this batch number L239/25.Any suggetions on what it means?Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture strange batch number  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement strange batch number
    P
    Many

The helmet is civil defense..the #s' on the skirt are the maker & city produced. Similar to an RBN #. There is a list out there to identify it, but I don't have it. Maybe someone else here has access to it

Would like to see a detailed closeup of the decal on the side. If it is real...it's somewhat valuable but judging by the application of it on this type helmet, chances are it is probably a post was decal. But...who knows ?

Welcome to the forum !

No the decal is put by me,no value.I was just wondering about the #'s and if it's original ww2 era helmet.It was found in Greece so that is kind of strange,if it's not a combat helmet.Thank's my friend!!

No problem.
    These are common & referred to by collectors as a "One piece Gladiator" helmet. Used in German cities & towns by members of the Luftshutz & civilians, hence the price tag usually found in the rear skirt. How it ended up in Greece ??

Ι wonder the same thing.Grecce was occupied by Germany but i'm pretty sure that german troops didn't use that type if it's civllian defence as you say.Unlless if it was used in air defence units as well,that might explain it

I think though that Boulgarian army used them too.They had under their control a part of northern Greece as allies to Germany

Not sure of your last comment. I have learned over time...anything could be, nothing surprises me anymore.
    Do me a favor ? Though they are your helmets & you are free to do as you please...Don't put anymore post war decals on original helmets. Fortunately, this one you decaled has minimal value as far as German helmets go. Next time you might come across a helmet worth thousands...decaling it is a collectors nightmare. Removing one can be very difficult & most of the time leaves a trace of tampering or loss of patina to that area. Which results in a loss of value & makes it less desired.

I would take the repro FHH decal (the one on the left side of the helmet) off. Pleas post a straight on photo of the Luftschutz decal on the front of the helmet. These one piece gladiator helmets are fairly common, but this one will be a bit more valuable if the Luftschutz decal is real, as few M44 gladiator shells were adorned with Luftschutz decals. Also please post a picture of the liner as required by forum rules. Thanks in advance.

It had that decal in front when i gound it.Don't know if it is real
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture strange batch number   strange batch number  

Need MUCH BETTER pictures to evaluate the Luftschutz decal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast