Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Struck in the back of the head

Article about: About 15 years ago, at an early Baltimre MAX show, I was walking by tables as people were un-packing. All of a suddan, I see a man pulling out what appeared to be an SS multize cross grave m

Default Struck in the back of the head

this helmet i got from a friend,who lives near arnhem
    it belonged to a luftwaffe soldier,who got struck by an airplaine bomb its shrap in the back of the head
    the poor guy got berried on the same field
    later on they needed money,so they dug him up to find things of any value,and took the helmet also
    if you very good you can stil se the luftwaffe decal
    its mg34 is stil on the farm as a gate stopper
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Struck in the back of the head   Struck in the back of the head  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Struck in the back of the head
    P
    Many

Dick
    ?

Default Re: Struck in the back of the head

They man needs to be re buried, and the ones who dug him up to rob his remains should be shot, and buried TOO! F'n grave robbers!!!

More than 50 years in which they were depicted as the biggest murderes ever... so no wonder some people will treat the remains of a dead soldier like those of a "nazi".

Mate , you'v opened up a very touchy subject here , firstly though awesome relic lid . Secondly , i would hate to think what has happened to the remains of this fallen soldat , if they are callus enought to dig him up to profit from his death then i doubt very much he would have been given any sort of respect . I would like to think maybe you could act as a go between with your friend and see the proper orthorites were contacted and this soldat removed and sent home or at leasted sent to a german war cemetry .What i find a bit strange is that if they dug him up because they needed some money , why didnt they sell the helmet , and the mg , just my thoughts . cheers Raymond

Dick
    ?

Quote by Nifartachi View Post
    More than 50 years in which they were depicted as the biggest murderes ever... so no wonder some people will treat the remains of a dead soldier like those of a "nazi".
    Seems to me that you are forgetting that STALIN killed more Russians by execution than the Germans ever killed in combat.
    There is no excuse to ROB THE DEAD, can't get any lower than that, equel and dispicable as molesting children.
    Dig up Stalin and the other KGB and Commisars murderers of Russians, and Rob them!

This is a very touchy subject indeed. It is fact that all sides have committed murder in one way or another. Whether it be a single life or by the thousands. This thread is about an individual whose grave was dug up, disrespected and robbed. This poor soul who has had his final? resting place invaded may not have ever hurt a person in his life. Serving in the Nazi military did not necessarily mean that he was a nazi.

Example: I live in the U.S. and back in the mid 80's i worked with a kind gentleman for a few years and we got to talking at lunch time one day. He told me his stories of when he served in the Nazi wehrmacht until he was captured by U.S. troops in late 1944. He ended up in a concentration camp in St. Louis. Anyway he told me that many of the solders who fought along side of him did not even believe in Nazism and that if they resisted enlistment that imprisonment or death was the punishment. Talking about not believing in nazi germany was punishable by death so soldiers did in secret and were careful as to who they were talking to.

So you see not every german was a nazi.

Ty

Oh, by the way Michiel it is a nice lid. See what you can do to get it back to the rightful owner

Ty , my sentiments exactly , i couldnt agree more , i think the average german soldier didnt want any part in any war just as i would say same for the russian , american , english and all other soldiers that had to take part . But if they were unfortunite enought to be swept up in other mens madness and suffered the fate that millions of others did , they deserve at the leaest respect and a decent burial . cheers Raymond

Dick
    ?

Quote by kungfuty View Post
    This is a very touchy subject indeed. It is fact that all sides have committed murder in one way or another. Whether it be a single life or by the thousands. This thread is about an individual whose grave was dug up, disrespected and robbed. This poor soul who has had his final? resting place invaded may not have ever hurt a person in his life. Serving in the Nazi military did not necessarily mean that he was a nazi.

Example: I live in the U.S. and back in the mid 80's i worked with a kind gentleman for a few years and we got to talking at lunch time one day. He told me his stories of when he served in the Nazi wehrmacht until he was captured by U.S. troops in late 1944. He ended up in a concentration camp in St. Louis. Anyway he told me that many of the solders who fought along side of him did not even believe in Nazism and that if they resisted enlistment that imprisonment or death was the punishment. Talking about not believing in nazi germany was punishable by death so soldiers did in secret and were careful as to who they were talking to.

So you see not every german was a nazi.

Ty
    If they will dig up a grave of a so called Nazi, they will dig up anyone elses grave TOO! German, Russian, British, America, doesn't matter, any valuables is what these bastard grave robbers want. They go to the trouble of robbing graves, simply because there is a certain low class, or nieve eliment of collectors, who are not much better than the robbers themselfes, and those collectors are receiving stolen goods, taken from tjhe DEAD!! Stop buying these ground dug militaria things from the East, and the robbers might have to get an honest job.
    Last edited by Dick; 04-19-2009 at 05:55 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote by Dick View Post
    If they will dig up a grave of a so called Nazi, they will dig up anyone elses grave TOO! German, Russian, British, America, doesn't matter, any valuables is what these bastard grave robbers want. They go to the trouble of robbing graves, simply because there is a certain low class, or nieve eliment of collectors, who are not much better than the robbers themselfes, and those collectors are receiving stolen goods, taken from tjhe DEAD!! Stop buying these ground dug militaria things from the East, and the robbers might have to get an honest job.
    Very true Dick.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast