Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What do you guys think about Relic lids?

Article about: I have a few relic lids of my own and I started to collect more of the relics now, I think they are very interesting and cool IMO but I see people saying there just rusted shells and not wor

Default What do you guys think about Relic lids?

I have a few relic lids of my own and I started to collect more of the relics now, I think they are very interesting and cool IMO but I see people saying there just rusted shells and not worth much of anything. I want to know if anyone else loves relic lids and have a better meaning to you than just rusted shells? I would love to see other people's relic collections

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you guys think about Relic lids?
    P
    Many

I started my new collection a few years ago with relics!
    I still have some.
    I like them.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Relic helmets will soon be the only affordable ones left on the market...
    cheers, Glenn

A simple question Goon that has so many complex answers!

Ones from " its all I can afford" ......to " I cant risk buying a fake" ...... or " I can buy many relic helmets for the same price as one original" or even " I prefer the fact it was lost on the battlefield and found decades later" - Like all arms of this hobby, relic collectors can also be as one-eyed as the BIG collectors of SS or equally valuable lids. Some of us cut our teeth on these THEN move to complete ones as we learn or trade or save the money.

I personally have 5 complete helmets ( that have come into my possession at the right price and by pure luck ) but more than 30 relics. I guess I just gravitate to relics to feed my imagination and the fact that I live half a world away from the areas they are found in. I would love to find one myself but until then I rely on others ( and the online relic stores )

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The very term "relic" has such a diverse meaning,from something hardly recognizable to something with only minor rust deposits,and everything in between so what end your collecting choice is at is down to cost and the individual,its still tangible evidence regardless of its look.............Jake.

Wow! I'd like to see them all Dan, for me I like to buy the more unique relics like remaining paint, wire, camo paint, decals anything like that something with a lot of interest.