Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Winter cammo M35 now in the land downunder

Article about: For those NOT watching the Olympics, I'd like to show off OSTLANDIGGER's relic double decal M35 from the below thread now with me in OZ. http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel-...18/?highlight=

Default Winter cammo M35 now in the land downunder

For those NOT watching the Olympics, I'd like to show off OSTLANDIGGER's relic double decal M35 from the below thread now with me in OZ.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...18/?highlight=

From Latvia to Wayne in the UK and then down to me - another frequent flyer helmet. A couple of close-up photos shows the unusual black over-painting of the white winter coat. Most of the paint has come off the early brass rivets ( no surprise there ) and one of the non-reinforced aluminium bales has broken away.

No luck with the maker or lot number ( corrosion in the wrong places ) but the decal remnants are still bright and clear. ( the camera is good - the owner is shaky - a tripod is next on the list to buy )

As mentioned in the original thread, the owner's name is obscured by rust but for me it still has "class" and character. Since then I have got another ( thanks Kradspam ) that will arrive soon and my wall will have to go multi-level!!

Cheers, Dan ( please mods, set up that sub-forum ........ )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Winter cammo M35 now in the land downunder   Winter cammo M35 now in the land downunder  

Winter cammo M35 now in the land downunder   Winter cammo M35 now in the land downunder  

Winter cammo M35 now in the land downunder   Winter cammo M35 now in the land downunder  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winter cammo M35 now in the land downunder
    P
    Many

Default Re: Winter cammo M35 now in the land downunder

What Olympics? Collecting is way more important and entertaining.

Ostlandigger Always has amazing things....and he's a 100% straight shooter. You did good!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Oh crap I forgot the olympics! Thanks for reminding me Dan

Looks good Dan, you have done well once again. Heaps of character

Jason

I am not into relics for the most part, but I would keep this one most definitely. Nice one. JIm G.

nice one Dan, you've got the winter bug at the moment then? I hope mine doesn't take too long, have you been tracking it?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    nice one Dan, you've got the winter bug at the moment then? I hope mine doesn't take too long, have you been tracking it?
    Crazy thing Andy - been looking for ages for a winter lid I can afford then two show up in a matter of weeks!
    BTW, Royal mail tracking says it is here in Australia - yippee!!

Cheers, Dan

So you picked up Andy's winter camo as well. Two decent examples of a very difficult helmet to find. Well done. Jim G.

Thanks Jim - yep, must admit I have been lucky recently. Had to ease things by taking the bride out for some nice dinners and spend a few weekends doing gardening work but thats a small price to pay!!
    Cheers, Dan