Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Wow m40 relic bunker find!

Article about: Hello i posted on here that i bought a really nice relic ww2 m40 and i had almost no info on it besides that. Now i received a email from the person who previously owned the helmet! It was a

Default Wow m40 relic bunker find!

Hello i posted on here that i bought a really nice relic ww2 m40 and i had almost no info on it besides that. Now i received a email from the person who previously owned the helmet! It was a bunker find from the Kurland pocket!!! Idk much about the Kurland pocket but i was wondering, does knowing this information add historical value? Also as a relic do they get any better? There are no holes from pitting and after soap and water cleaning most of the rust came off. What are your overall opinions on this helmet? Also the helmet has visible numbers on the inside and has the initials of a German soldier. I cant make the letters out any help?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	225.4 KB 
ID:	564772   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	224.8 KB 
ID:	564773  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Just a rusty M40. Put it in oxalic acid it might reveal the rest of the initials or signature, otherwise nothing special.
    The numbers behind the signature are the helmets lot number.
    Ex username - DTVPKING

My dream - pink hue DAK M35/40 and a Jon Lord spec C3

I like it, nice relic and now you know where it was found. It adds to the value for you. Nice honest relic lid with some history.

Knowing where it was found adds to its historical value for you as Feuerbach said. Personally I tend to take what I am told about relics with a pinch of salt as unless you have personally pulled it out of the ground yourself you will never know, and there are plenty of people out there willing to tell you that an item was found on the site of a major battle when really it wasn't. Having said that its a nice lid and as there is a lot of stuff coming out of Eastern Europe chances are that in this case the seller is probably being honest. Cheers.

?

I like it!! congrats!!

?

This is a solid relic m40 I know several diggers who pull these from Kurland. I have one from a fellow member here who sells relics on eBay . The Kurland pocket was a HUGE battle and many lost their helmets (and heads). I like this one because it has initials painted on it. It looks like,"CD" from what I can see. Thanks for sharing and please be gentle with the initials when you clean it.
    This looks like a size 62..maybe 64. Look on the left skirt for additional stamps for the maker and size. Sometimes it's stamped above the lot# on the rear skirt( where the initials are) ..I can't tell if there are any in this pic.
    Here's the image right side up.

Dean
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice lid, relics have a special aura all their own I think.