Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Yet ANOTHER winter cammo!!!!!

Article about: iDan, i saw this one on Ebay and i'm not convinced of the ''period '' camo...but the shell is nice !!

Wink Yet ANOTHER winter cammo!!!!!

HI guys,
    On a bit of a roll here with yet another winter cammo relic from Russia – strike, 4 helmets already and January hasn’t finished yet!

This squashed example has gone a real brown colour ( but maybe that’s the seller’s camera lighting? ) I chewed over this one for a while because the scuffs and marks looked a little 'contrived' – but, if you look closely you can trace the scratches over the breaks and see that – although they have moved because of the squashing and splitting ) they WERE there before the damage happened.

All in all, another interesting relic for the ‘wall’
    Cheers, Dan

( No, Col James and I are NOT in a relic race - there is enough for ALL!!!!!! )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Yet ANOTHER winter cammo!!!!!   Yet ANOTHER winter cammo!!!!!  

Yet ANOTHER winter cammo!!!!!   Yet ANOTHER winter cammo!!!!!  

Yet ANOTHER winter cammo!!!!!   Yet ANOTHER winter cammo!!!!!  

Yet ANOTHER winter cammo!!!!!  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Yet ANOTHER winter cammo!!!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Yet ANOTHER winter cammo!!!!!

Another nice score, Dan 'the relic' mark. Just makes me wonder what happened to that lid to cause that kind of damage!

Chris.

very nice addition dan ,the internal and external paintwork is a work of art ,great find and well worth purchasing
    Regards James

A wonder it held together as there are so many
    fractures in it. Very interesting lid.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Looks like it got run over by a tank..

Some great amount of pressure has been applied to the sides to create a fracture down the back and the front in equal distance.

That looks like it was under a few tons of rubble, very interesting though.

?

This "camo" is not period. They took a helmet that is near worthless, painted it, scratched it up in order to add some sex appeal. Save your money on this pile of junk Dan.

?

Doug is correct the wear on this " Camo " looks totally contrived and the paint is in far too good condition to be original to this smashed up , wrecked helmet , not even sure how it is supposed to be a White camo , i;ve never seen one fade out to tan !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks for the input Doug & Paul. I too vacillated about the appearance being too uniform and 'contrived' and studied the seller's photos for a long while before I decided that I could live with the cost either way ...... ( about a Chinese takeaways worth for the family )

The immediate thought is of course, dug from the ground and having been under so much pressure, the paint could not possibly still look like this. But as I studied the scratches - which seem to emanate from every direction ( which at first certainly appears unnatural ) I could see where some of them had originally been - AND that they crossed over the cracks in a different place ..... where the metal had been before it was squashed and moved. This would take some clever planning to do for a faker ( and top marks to the skill of the artist if he / she did )

( Some people pay far more $$ than I did for a helmet that an artist has painted a scene on ....... so "near worthless" is I feel, subjectivel )

As to the brown, we all have seen green helmets go brown because of rust bleed through and the 'Demjansk' relic I bought from Andy last year was browning also so this aspect alone does not phase me.

Sorry it doesn't pass muster for you guys but I will take it under advisement and reserve my opinion for when it arrives.
    All the best ( stay warm )
    Dan
    Last edited by Danmark; 01-25-2013 at 11:23 PM. Reason: I cant spell!!!!!!!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast