Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Removing liner residue from a stacked nPz helmet?

Article about: Hi all, I recently acquired a mint New Zealand nPz helmet from a local collector. It is in superb condition except for the often encountered black ring left by another helmets liner material

Quote by davejb View Post
    WD 40 does soften paintwork depending how its used but according to Goof Off specs, this removes paint, as it contains a very strong petroleum base and there have been customer feedbacks stating this, to the point of making paintwork very dull, so i would tread carefully
    Well Dave,

If the manufacturers of WD-40 are prepared to state that it's good for removing, road tar, gum, gloss lacquer or rubber marks etc., etc. from car paintwork without fear of getting their corporate asses sued by me if it went wrong and wrecked the paint job on my Bentley, then I think it's safe to assume that a quick rub of it over a tin hat isn't going to do it much harm. This is all getting a bit to involved and serious with everyone having their own views as to what is THE thing to use. At the end of the day, what guy hasn't got a can of WD-40 in the garage or tool shed, it'll do the job easily without all the huffing and puffing, ordering stuff off the internet (maybe from overseas) and so on, and isn't rocket science.....Let's all get a grip here.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Removing liner residue from a stacked nPz helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Guys I did not want to start a pissing contest on what is best for this or that, I have used the goof off many times, but I admit it can take a bit of time to learn how to use it best...But I do admit I dislike WD40 except for removing nuts or bolts...again just my thoughts, Never ment to cause a problem

Dean O
    Canada

MAP
    ?

Quote by CampX View Post
    Guys I did not want to start a pissing contest on what is best for this or that, I have used the goof off many times, but I admit it can take a bit of time to learn how to use it best...But I do admit I dislike WD40 except for removing nuts or bolts...again just my thoughts, Never ment to cause a problem

Dean O
    Canada
    LOL!!! Look what you started! I think Big Ned is busting your chops a bit!

Actually a good conversation IMO.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Yes all good stuff, I ordered the Goof from a local source as we don't have it in all stores here in NZ. Tell you what, I'll try both and do a side by side experiment with pictures. Be good to have both products anyway. I'm sure I'll get a result from both, thanks to all.

Ian

MAP
    ?

Quote by NZEF2 View Post
    Yes all good stuff, I ordered the Goof from a local source as we don't have it in all stores here in NZ. Tell you what, I'll try both and do a side by side experiment with pictures. Be good to have both products anyway. I'm sure I'll get a result from both, thanks to all.

Ian
    Great diplomatic response!!! Very Solomonesque.

show us the side by side results.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2