Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Ww1 medalbar needing a fixup

Article about: Hello some time ago i bought this German ww1 medalbar, i'd really like to get it fixed up again. Does anyone know where i could get it fixed up again? i got all the medals, i just lack the s

?

Default Ww1 medalbar needing a fixup

Hello some time ago i bought this German ww1 medalbar, i'd really like to get it fixed up again.

Does anyone know where i could get it fixed up again? i got all the medals, i just lack the sewing skills to even attemp it.
    also, does anyone know which ribbon/medal could be missing in the middle?

cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww1 medalbar needing a fixup
    P
    Many

?

Is there a ribbon missing from the medal on the far left or is it some sort of unofficial commemorative medal that came without a ribbon?

As for the sewing - why not try it yourself? Some needles and thread and perhaps a thimble cost very little and then you can do such a job. Looking at the rough stitches on the back, it won't be hard to do as well or better. Then you'll have a useful skill for replacing missing shirt buttons too!

Regards, Philip

?

yeah, the ribbon is missing, but i'm pretty sure i can find it somewhere cheap. it is a semi official medal called the "German Honorary World War Commemorative Medal of the German Legion of Honour" or something like that.

i could give the sewing a try, though i've never done such before so i'm quite unsure how good that would look

cheers