Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Any knowledge about this seller?

Article about: Hi All, I've stumbled across this online seller & figured someone here may know something about them? They're selling various helmets - allegedly genuine AND reproductions. Interestingly

Default Any knowledge about this seller?

Hi All,

I've stumbled across this online seller & figured someone here may know something about them?

They're selling various helmets - allegedly genuine AND reproductions.

Interestingly, they're selling some 'restored' helmets, as well as 'genuine' shells for rebuilding - along with various reproduction liners & parts to complete a rebuild.

Now, obviously this does not suit many of you, but to be honest, a genuine shell, rebuilt with new parts, appeals to me, as I can finish it as I like. I want this helmet for display and possibly re-enactment, so a well-worn original - while more collectable - isn't as appealing.

BUT - I don't want to get a repro lid. new liner, etc I can live with. As he's also selling clearly marked repros, he seems honest.....?

Restored M35 Steel Helmet from Hessen Antique

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any knowledge about this seller?
    P
    Many

It is a OK company I have bought many times from them in past they got a whole load of Genuine WW2 helmets from Czek used by Czek fire dept that is why they are painted black. That is mainly what this company deals in is reanactor stuff does have quite a few original items. They are real helmet German if that is what it says he will describe a post war. They are reasonable priced also for the purpose you seek. timothy

Sounds like they are German ww2 Helmet shells that are ex Finnish Army that he is using as they sometimes have extra holes drilled in them for the post war liner the Finnish used

Sounds legit.

The seller is NOT misleading in any way and you get exactly what is says on the tin..................Jake.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    The seller is NOT misleading in any way and you get exactly what is says on the tin..................Jake.
    X2... never dealt with these people but i've heard good reports!....

Quote by wombat200 View Post
    Hi All,
    Now, obviously this does not suit many of you, but to be honest, a genuine shell, rebuilt with new parts, appeals to me, as I can finish it as I like. I want this helmet for display and possibly re-enactment, so a well-worn original - while more collectable - isn't as appealing.

BUT - I don't want to get a repro lid. new liner, etc I can live with. As he's also selling clearly marked repros, he seems honest.....?

Restored M35 Steel Helmet from Hessen Antique
    That's why they have a section here just for repro's and this one is for the collectors of the real stuff ;-)
    And no we do not wear our helmets as that would be an expensive mistake.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    That's why they have a section here just for repro's and this one is for the collectors of the real stuff ;-)
    And no we do not wear our helmets as that would be an expensive mistake.
    I'm not talking about Repro helmets - I'm talking about the genuine shells.

Quote by kradman View Post
    Sounds like they are German ww2 Helmet shells that are ex Finnish Army that he is using as they sometimes have extra holes drilled in them for the post war liner the Finnish used
    The ones I have seen come out of this company were ex Czek fire brigades with a couple of holes in the front for the Czek fire badge, and painted black. They did have some finnish ones a while back with the extra side holes drilled in them for the liner set up. IMA (International Military Antiques has a bunch of the Finnish and Norweign reworks.) timothy