Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

british airborne trailer ?

Article about: Hi Ade! Merry Christmas ! My mk1 trailer is missing both front and rear support legs as well as the pins that retain them. I would be interested in originals, repress or good specs so I coul

burt
    ?

Default british airborne trailer ?

hi, my first post picked up this trailer a few weeks ago is this a british airborne type 1 trailer how do i tell data plate has been removed is this worth restoring as i know nothing about these trailers i have enclosed a few pictures is there anyway of determing its age thanks burt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture british airborne trailer ?   british airborne trailer ?  

british airborne trailer ?  

2. # ADS

Reg
    ?

Default Re: british airborne trailer ?

There is a spirit who stalks these pages called Ade.....some say he is only around on here at night or when its raining, but he will know!!!! he will know!

It looks a great trailer though Burt, do you have the jeep to go with it?

Reg

Hi Burt, welcome to the forum!

I have one of these too.

They ceased production in 1945. So it is wartime no doubt.

Most are missing the data plate. Yours looks really clean and fairly original. Does it still have the rear tow hitch etc? Obviously the main tow hitch has been altered. Wheels are the later type.

Cheers, Ade.

Reg
    ?

Spooky guy that Ade!

I think its deffinately worth restoring Burt. Good luck.

Reg

burt
    ?

hi, reg yes i have a jeep a 1944 willys i was looking for a trailer my mate told me about this one its amazing what you can find burt

burt
    ?

hi, ade are there two sorts of wheels then because i believe there was another set that went this trailer but i prefer combats myself there is no tow hitch on the back although it looks nice in the pictures believe me its rotten i want a trailer for my jeep not sure ive got the know how to fabricate panels it only cost me 10.00 burt

£10! Wow! My friend has made complete new bodies from scratch. But I would save as much of the original as possible.

Have you seen mine on the forum? That was rough but I saved it.

Cheers, Ade.

burt
    ?

hi, thats the idea i got save as much of the orignal panels as possible 10.00 is that cheap then for one of these what break shoes did they use as they are missing any ideas burt

Hi Burt, they go for about £1000 fully restored.

I have the master parts catalogue for them. But it is not to hand and I don't know the modern equivalent part.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello.
    I have a trailer of this type. What are the most appropriate type of tire for this trailer? I've seen several with original Firestone tires. Did they also come with Dunlop tires, as I have seen an original Dunlop Inner Flap?
    Should have had a new wiring harness for this, someone who could tell me what type of wiring used. Is this to buy today?

Frank R.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast