Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Displaying Helmets?

Article about: Right, this doesn't really match up with the rest of the threads but I'm not sure where else to put this (it covers more than one nations helmet!). So currently I just have my helmets sittin

Yes, the good old Detolf!

Just make sure that if you use a stand that makes the helmet rest on the liner suspension, you put something between the dome of the helmet and the suspension to take the strain off it. I just put a folded piece of fabric there and it holds very well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Displaying Helmets?
    P
    Many

?

Cant go wrong with a bit of IKEA now and then

Used Detolfs should be easy and cheap to find in your neighbourhood via online markets, for around $25 or so.

This is a rough idea how i display my relics Displaying Helmets?Displaying Helmets?

Yeah high up, i like straps to dangle.

MAP
    ?

Paper towel holders are the cheap and easy way to go like everyone says. Different heights like in James photo can fit more into tight spaces. But like Slados said almost anything can do. I use shells, foam heads (covered in cotton), mortar rounds, gas mask canisters, as well as barrister book cases.

I like the towel holders with an added bit of felt or foam on the top the best. Put the shell of the helmet right on the tip of the holder and there is no stress on the liner.

Everytime my wife stops at TJ Max discount store, I have her look for them. Cost is ~$5.00. But every room / space is different so you need to figure out what works. I'm all out of room as you can see.......

Displaying Helmets?

Displaying Helmets?

Displaying Helmets?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

I must say...Glenn's way of displaying is just stunning. I always love seeing this picture. Simple and elegant! Best of all, no clutter to take away from the primary objects of our attention.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Glenn's definitely looks very professional. Did you make those stands yourself Glenn or did you buy them? They look great!

Just kitchen paper towel holders with a felt chair leg pad stuck on top...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast