Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

FAMO Restoration - need some help.

Article about: Hello everybody . I apologize for this approach, but I have a big request for you - need some help.A group of enthusiasts, in Romania , want to restore a rusty Famo, kept in custody of Natio

Longinus
    ?

Default FAMO Restoration - need some help.

Hello everybody . I apologize for this approach, but I have a big request for you - need some help.A group of enthusiasts, in Romania , want to restore a rusty Famo, kept in custody of National Military Museum in Bucharest, so my humble request is :
    If someone has friends or contacts who have good technical drawings and/or any elements of the halftruck and if they want to share with us, will be more than happy and gratefull for you're help.
    Here is the topic started RESTAURARE FAMO MMN - Forum Machete,Modelism,Hobby where you can see how this FAMO looks today.

My e-mail adress is : dani_ani_ela@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance for any answer.

2. # ADS

Default Re: FAMO Restoration - need some help.

Hi Longinus,

Welcome to the forum and Good luck with this its a great vehicle and the pictures show it to be in reasonable condition before the restoration starts.
    A famo was restored in the UK a few years ago and around the same time the Falaise museum in Normandy restored another. I understand that both restorers were able to help each other out with drawings, purchases of reproduced parts and exchanges of bits. Perhaps you could contact them directly, Im sorry I dont have a contact email for the UK restoration but I attach a link to the web site for the Aout 1944 Falaise museum showing pictures of their vehicle.

[Normandie Musée Août 1944]

All the best.

LUCKYSTRIKE

Longinus
    ?

Default Re: FAMO Restoration - need some help.

Thanks Luckystrike. I'll try to contact the two museums, maybe they will give us help.
    Any form of help is welcome