Become our sponsor and display your banner here

First time texturing M42

Article about: Hey all! I have been restoring German helmets for years and I like to think I am pretty good at it but despite this I have never textured the shells before like they were originally during t

?

Default First time texturing M42

Hey all! I have been restoring German helmets for years and I like to think I am pretty good at it but despite this I have never textured the shells before like they were originally during the war and thought about time I tried! Firstly I do apologize I got that obsessed with getting this helmet finished today I forgot to take before & during pics so I can only show you the finished article. I know the texture is heavy but I have seen some originals like this. Either way I am pretty happy with it and dont think its half bad for first time! I used aluminium oxide texture bought from Jim Jacques & SOF field-green paint. I try not to get to hooked up on RAL codes plus I usually end up camouflaging the helmets anyway and will probably end up doing this one as well. I do not know why the shade of paint looks so different in each pic but the first pic is how it looks in hand. Cheers! Sean. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	202.9 KB 
ID:	522812Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	228.3 KB 
ID:	522813Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	208.9 KB 
ID:	522814

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many