Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German Helmet Blaspheme ?

Article about: Hello all Recently I have posted my few German WW2 items incl. relic helmets. Now I collect different things, though mainly being syfy focusing in Star Wars (of course), Battlestar Galactica

Default Re: German Helmet Blaspheme ?

Hello CGP1066

Thank-you, that is a very good suggestion and I will definitely do so. Perhaps a note pasted on the inside of the helemt like some of the "war trophy" helmets I have seen.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Helmet Blaspheme ?
    P
    Many

Hello Ralph

Thanks for your suggestion, very helpful. I am going through the various threads now, very interesting reading.

Cheers

AR

Hi Schwerpunkt

I don't know what I did to warrant your response but I obviously did do something very wrong so please accept my sincere apologies. I am very new to the forums and learning as I go. Unfortunately I am not the fastest learner which sometimes leads to me making a mistake or causing offence. Being disabled, projects like working on replicas enables me to learn a bit and work with my clumsy hands ... the replica idea is more of a personal project.

Again, I am very sorry to have offended you.

AR

Doug, thank-you for helping me by moving the thread to the correct forum. Much appreciated.

Hello PaulE

A good bit of advise, thank-you. The replica idea is more a personal art project than anything else really (to keep these silly hands busy), but where possible I will try to aquire original items. However, I will definitely ask for the Forum's input before buying anything.

Regards

AR

Hi Dan

Aaah ... "the farce be with you". That is a good one LOL. Will definitely be sharing that with my friends :-) Thank-you for your sense of humour.

Hi Harry

My Knight on a shining panzer :-)

Thank-you for coming to my defence, much appreciated. The guys are passionate about military collecting and I can understand "replicas" not bring appreciated. I just want to do something practical with my hands and see something on display that I created. No re-selling or faking, just something I can be proud of having made within the confines of my limitations.

Warm regards

AR

Good evening Relicz

Thank-you for your input, much appreciated. I will definitely post any new purchases on the forum.

Regards

AR

?

hi andrew i have read by reenactors to age a replica just do things that the solder would have done in the field rub it in the sand ,dirt get it wet and dig a hole and plant it for a week that will age it a bit repos are good if the budget .get originalswhen you can !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2