Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Helmet Blaspheme ?

Article about: Hello all Recently I have posted my few German WW2 items incl. relic helmets. Now I collect different things, though mainly being syfy focusing in Star Wars (of course), Battlestar Galactica

Default German Helmet Blaspheme ?

Hello all

Recently I have posted my few German WW2 items incl. relic helmets. Now I collect different things, though mainly being syfy focusing in Star Wars (of course), Battlestar Galactica, Tron, etc. I also collect vintage Atari, Intellivision and Philips G7000 video game consoles and their games. This leaves me with a small budget for WW2 goodies and as such, I have been happy to aquire a few authentic pieces and then supplement the collection with replicas.

Before the shouting starts (lol) I know replicas are taboo at WRF but I do feel that they allow people on the fringes of the hobby or those located in remote spots such as myself in Africa an opportunity to handle and experience various items of kit which are very close to the originals.

So, as to the blasheme bit ... I aquired an excellent book on WW2 German Helmets and want to replicate some of the finishes on my Chinese made M35 helmets. Does anyone know of a link that might provide insight as how to "age" a helemt ? I'm definitely not talking faked to the point of selling to another party, just maybe aging the leather and perhaps getting the edges of the helmet to"wear" at bit.

Thanks in advance

Adolf

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Helmet Blaspheme ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Helmet Blaspheme ?

Whatever you end up doing, I suggest marking it in some way to show that it is a replica.

I am pretty sure that if you go to this sub forum, you will find something that will help you out.
    Restoration & Refurbishing at War relics forum
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Adolf Reichmann View Post
    Hello all

Before the shouting starts (lol) I know replicas are taboo at WRF but I do feel that they allow people on the fringes of the hobby or those located in remote spots such as myself in Africa an opportunity to handle and experience various items of kit which are very close to the originals.

So, as to the blasheme bit ... I aquired an excellent book on WW2 German Helmets and want to replicate some of the finishes on my Chinese made M35 helmets. Does anyone know of a link that might provide insight as how to "age" a helemt ? I'm definitely not talking faked to the point of selling to another party, just maybe aging the leather and perhaps getting the edges of the helmet to"wear" at bit.

Thanks in advance

Adolf
    Why do you want to handle something which is 'close to the original' ????
    And what use is there in aging a chinese copy helmet ? I'm sorry but this is BS and you posted it in the wrong forum section.

?

Moved to replica and restorations.

?

Save your money for something original instead of wasting what cash you have on junk !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I think what the guys are saying is that with an artificially aged Chinese replica it is not the force, but "the farce that is with you" .....

Put your Chinese wannabees in a box in a high cupboard, they don't have a patch on a nice relic like the "bulge" ones you have.
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

come on guys give him a break,he did explain clearly why he doe's this.I do find somtimes people make comments that are not warrented and are hurtful.loosen up fellows.

?

Why are the comments not warranted and hurtful ?? All we have done is point out that it's far better to safe up cash to buy an original item which will keep some value in the future rather than fritter away hard earned cash on something which as a historical and future saleable object is almost worthless !!

This is only our advice and opinion , what the OP does is up to him.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Agree that aging replicas is a big waste of time and energy. Find an original helmet to start with and if necessary upgrade to a better example when finances allow. You will be much happier in the long run.
    Regards,
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast