Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Helmet for review

Article about: Hi guys, Now I am not a helmet collector, however this one was up at auction and the price was just right. I'm not sure if it qualifies as relic condition or not? Either way, I was hoping so

IMO its already been 'restored' once so if you fancy something different, go for it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet for review
    P
    Many

Haha I suppose it is! I probably wouldn't do the best job painting though...are repro liners costly? I think it might be difficult to put a liner back in this one as it seems to be missing the rivets...does anyone have any experience in that area?

Quote by Jonathan Wenberg View Post
    Haha I suppose it is! I probably wouldn't do the best job painting though...are repro liners costly? I think it might be difficult to put a liner back in this one as it seems to be missing the rivets...does anyone have any experience in that area?
    the repro liners & chin straps are inexpensive on ebay usually $45 - $50 price range

I think it would be a great idea to complete the set with a repro liner & chin strap, I rather have a repro made from a original WWII German made steel shell than a modern shell repro made of soft steel

it's more valuable when the shell is a real wartime German mfg shell, the split rivets can be aged to match the rest of the helmet, since you already own the shell, might as well fix it up for display.

What is the maker and size? I am in need of a 68 and a friend of mine is in need of a 66.

Hi, thanks for the advice. I take it it isn't a very tough job to pop in a liner? Just slide it in and affix it with the split rivets? ObKrieger, stamp is hard to make out due to the paint (?) on the inside of the helmet (see pictures), but I think it is a size 68.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2