Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Helmet for review

Article about: Hi guys, Now I am not a helmet collector, however this one was up at auction and the price was just right. I'm not sure if it qualifies as relic condition or not? Either way, I was hoping so

Default Helmet for review

Hi guys,

Now I am not a helmet collector, however this one was up at auction and the price was just right. I'm not sure if it qualifies as relic condition or not? Either way, I was hoping some learned helmet collector could tell me whether it is real or not, and what model it is? And also perhaps what it is worth so I can know if I paid the right price!

Thanks in advance

Helmet for reviewHelmet for reviewHelmet for reviewHelmet for reviewHelmet for reviewHelmet for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet for review
    P
    Many

That ones been post war painted and scuffed up (probably with sandpaper and a screwdriver) to look old. I hope you didn't pay too much.

The decals are fake therefore the tan paint is a post war addition.
    On the up side, it is an original M35 shell

Gents,

Thanks for the quick reply. I paid 80 Australian dollars. Is this reasonable for a shell?

Cheers

Probably about right for an original shell I guess

Chris

Horrible fake paint!....

For $80 you can't complain too much

I figured as much, for 80 dollars it displays nicely, and it still does have some element of originality. Would it be worth restoring at this stage?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jonathan Wenberg View Post
    I figured as much, for 80 dollars it displays nicely, and it still does have some element of originality. Would it be worth restoring at this stage?
    IMO no. A restored helmet has no value to a collector. For a re-enactor? They would generally buy a new made reproduction. That said, some people like taking these types of lids and restoring them. But you will never get your money back. Leave it as is, and use it as a "filler" for the time being (for what it is worth, a real DAK DD M35 would go for MUCH more. At least $4K depending on the condition and probably more).

One last point. This looks like an M40 and not an M35.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

You can use this if you ever get an question to lend some old militaria for educational purposes in a school. Less stress if it happen to "vanish"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast