Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help in the restoration of a Jager zu Pferde helmet shell

Article about: by Georg As I check it in the sun light-under the wappen there is a “27” and inside center it is marked “C. E. Junker” and “1916”. Georg, I have placed your photo here, my Cuirassier Helmet

Default Re: Help in the restoration of a Jager zu Pferde helmet shell

Quote by Georg View Post
    As I check it in the sun light-under the wappen there is a “27” and inside center it is marked “C. E. Junker” and “1916”.
    Georg, I have placed your photo here, my Cuirassier Helmet is from the same year and maker as your helmet ! What "27" is for I have no idea...unless the helmets were marked individually at the clothing stores, and then issued to a particular soldier and ticked off upon its eventual return. There were 13 J-z-P Regiments.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0709_6396.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	220105  
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Well, this is going to be an ongoing project, I will leave the repro. Parts on it as I keep looking for original parts. I know that I could have done a better job with the bluing, but I didn’t want to make it look new and this way it appear to have some age to it.

I still can’t post photos (the Technical/Design - Questions, How-to, & Advice posting was of no help). Would I be breaking some type rule if I just start a new account?

0805_6425.jpg picture by eightball2011 - Photobucket
    0805_6425.jpg picture by eightball2011 - Photobucket

0805_6428.jpg picture by eightball2011 - Photobucket

Georg, a great job ! well done...I agree that you should try to find a pair of original cockades, the chinstrap can be sourced, but will be expensive !....why not age the one you have for the time being ? it will look a lot better, the cockades could also be aged/toned down, using a little yellowed clear varnish . I have posted your photographs...it is a great looking helmet for sure !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0805_6428.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	249.2 KB 
ID:	228470   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0805_6427.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	228471  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0805_6425.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	228472  
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Steve,

Is it just my computer or are the photo scrambled?

Anton

Scrambled pictures is what I get to see too.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12