Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help - WW2 Polish Podhalanski Regiment Badge that has seen better days

Article about: Hello Here is a very nice and pretty rare Polish Podhalanski Regiment Badge from WW2 that has seen better days. Any thoughts on the best way to remove the verdigris? I have had vinegar and a

Default Help - WW2 Polish Podhalanski Regiment Badge that has seen better days

Hello

Here is a very nice and pretty rare Polish Podhalanski Regiment Badge from WW2 that has seen better days. Any thoughts on the best way to remove the verdigris?

I have had vinegar and a tooth pic suggested. Is this the best approach?

Many thanks for your help

James

Help - WW2 Polish Podhalanski Regiment Badge that has seen better daysHelp - WW2 Polish Podhalanski Regiment Badge that has seen better days

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help - WW2 Polish Podhalanski Regiment Badge that has seen better days
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help - WW2 Polish Podhalanski Regiment Badge that has seen better days

Very Nice, looks good to me as it is showing its age and history.
    LS

Default Re: Help - WW2 Polish Podhalanski Regiment Badge that has seen better days

Hi James, I am not sure that is actually verdiris? I would certainly not use vinegar on it regardless. Olive oil is a better option.

I would leave it be.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

More like an ally oxidation ....
    I think ANY attempt at cleaning will start to lift the remaining enamel.

Gary J.
    Last edited by Gary J; 03-18-2013 at 12:59 PM.

I'm with Gary. I think the enamel is fragile and quite vulnerable to most any cleaning. It would be a terrible shame to accidentally damage it further.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."