Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Homemade Rosary Beads-Old mixed with new project

Article about: [/url] I am not sure of the best place to post this so if it needs to be moved please let me know. I have had several over the years, many break as I carry them in my pocket. So I took it up

Default Homemade Rosary Beads-Old mixed with new project

[/url]
    Homemade Rosary Beads-Old mixed with new projectHomemade Rosary Beads-Old mixed with new projectHomemade Rosary Beads-Old mixed with new projectHomemade Rosary Beads-Old mixed with new projectHomemade Rosary Beads-Old mixed with new projectI am not sure of the best place to post this so if it needs to be moved please let me know.

I have had several over the years, many break as I carry them in my pocket.

So I took it upon myself to build my own.

The requirements were
    Durability
    Size
    Materials would make minimal sound and be rather subdued and could be carried in the field.

I was able to get the beads which have a slight texture, when you hit the silver one you can feel the difference in texture and temp.

I Had a what I think is a German Army Crucifix and a beret flash-brass covered in silver wash.

It fits well in the pocket.

I also wanted to make one in honor and remembrance of friends, their relatives all guys and girls from my generation both pre and post 9/11.

The back side of the flash I am going to use my metal to put the below names and other down,

* Capt. Joel C. Gentz graduated from Purdue in 2007 with a bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering. He was the outstanding senior in his aerospace engineering class, He Initially wanted to become and astronaut the 2006 United States Air Force Cadet of the Year and he became the first Air Force ROTC cadet to enter the Air Force Special Operations Combat Rescue Officer program. Gentz deployed to Afghanistan in 2010 as part of the 58th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron in Kandahar, Afghanistan. While leading an effort to assist a wounded British soldier, the helicopter carrying Gentz and his rescue team was hit by a rocket-propelled grenade, causing the helicopter to crash. Five soldiers, including Gentz, were killed in the crash. During his deployment, he led a team that flew on 84 combat sorties, conducted 48 assists and saved 39 lives. His numerous military awards include the Purple Heart (posthumously) and Air Medal with Valor with four oak leaf clusters. ( reason for baret flash)- His unit was featured Inside Combat Rescue - National Geographic Channel

Capt Kevin Landeck one of greatest guys I ever knew [url]http://www.hammerandrails.com/2011/5/27/2193313/profiles-in-badassery-kevin-landeck
    I took pictures in several types of light can pick on I like best

Not meant to be overly religious more art's and crafts tribute type thing
    General Putnam

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Homemade Rosary Beads-Old mixed with new project
    P
    Many

?

I was researching exorsist related antiques some years ago, and i recall i saw a million different crosses and spareparts for sale on fleabay. ((cheapy-cheapy))

TrondK I haven't had my coffee yet and I hope I am miss interpreting your statement.
    This project has been on my to do list for quite a while and seeing as it is in a way an exercise to help me remember KIA and WIA friends family and acquaintances I want to be clear on a few things.
    The glass and silver beads were purchased from a local craft shop

the crucifix came out of the below lot.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...34/?highlight=

I am not a huge fan of military a which is a religious nature however with the solid quality and probably lots of this crucifix and the other one which came out a lot they are in my opinion quite good quality in that sea of cheap cheeps.

I just really want to make sure that I'm not interpreting your post as the crucifix being in some way of questionable quality etc. Remember I'd want to be up front about this I'm probably misinterpreting what you're saying but at the end of the day this is an important project for me.

Also when I first read your statement about exorcism related antiques I thought to myself wow that's kind of weird. Then remember a large lot of such material going for pennies on the dollar and the state auctioneers ago some pretty interesting stuff even though it is creepy.
    General Putnam

?

No no, i mean you can get items to use for restoring without it will be so expencive. Only trying to give you an advice so you can get more work done, more ideas, more of everything (without it will be so expencive) Please do not always take everything you read in a negative way- do you really believe i would send you an reply and try to help you by offending you in any way?

I always try to help everyone, with ideas, suggestions, im trying to be as helpful as i possible can Sadly most people is used to think negative because it is easiest.

I hope you now understand my post was to help you helping others without it being costly. More economical production means more people can be aided in their need for religious guidance from your artistic hand.

Good luck with your project, there should have been more like you to support those who has fought.
    -----------------------

Ah yes, this exorcism thing- since you most likely misunderstood my interest for that aswell: I do not believe in any jesus or this devil figure- i see exorcism as an very facinating but yet like you said creepy part of the history from christianity. I like everything related to human behaviour, i like to know why some bad people act the way they do etc etc.

Thank you for your reply
    as I said I didn't have my coffee yet and I was probably misunderstanding you I truly appreciate your feedback and yes sadly of course many times on these forums when receiving input from other members especially those we have not ever really spoken with the testing negative at least how it registers our thinking.

Thank you for your compliments on my artistic capabilities but to be honest with you it's really about a third grade arts and crafts project. 30 pound test fishing line some beads from the craft store and a crucifix and beret flash. The most scary and difficult part was how to drill the flash and getting the lines to be in the correct spots without ruining it and I do not own a drill press so I had to rely my shaky hands.

There is so much out there as you said that is available that is of quality that can be used for these projects.

I always have different projects in the works so stay tuned

And thanks again for your comments and clarification

Gen. Putnam

The crucifix may have come from the estate of a former soldier, but it really has no military connection as such.

The black crucifixes with the Death's Head at the bottom are Catholic Sterbekreuze [Dying Crucifixes] given to people on their deathbeds.

Crucifixes issued to Catholic military chaplains were of a different and simpler design (the issue crucifixes of Protestant chaplains were even plainer and didn't have the Corpus Christi.)

Hope this isn't a problem for the project, but I felt it should be mentioned.

HPL I should have been more clear on the crucifix as a private purchase by a soldier.
    Thanks for the info.
    The project is done at this point,forum function all good and the priest blessed it , so its good to go.
    well at some point I will stamp the names in the back. I will post an update.
    Thanks