Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to preserve Papua New Guinea ww2 relics

Article about: Hello, I have recently aquired a few Japanese and allied ww2 war relics in Papua New Guinea (as per pics) and would like some advise on how to preserve them. This is all new to me so any inf

jamie
    ?

Default How to preserve Papua New Guinea ww2 relics

Hello,

I have recently aquired a few Japanese and allied ww2 war relics in Papua New Guinea (as per pics) and would like some advise on how to preserve them. This is all new to me so any info at all would be very much appreciated. I am particular want to prevent any further rusting .

Thanks & Regards,

Jamie
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. # ADS

Default re: How to preserve Papua New Guinea ww2 relics

Dimas is the best person to answer this. I think he uses Oxalic acid solution but check with him first.

Steve T

jamie
    ?

Thanks for the lead Steve T

?

I would advice to clean the helmet in oxalic acid( zoiuäll find the info in the previous posts), then to preserve it, spreading with vaseline would be OK. The Guns and bayonet would be better in the condition as is, or you can just lubricate it with oil.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

jamie
    ?

Thanks for the advice !

jamtin
    ?

jamie , hi! my name is james from brisbane, i was born & raised in port moresby. in 1980 my dad sold his business & our family left png to live in australia. i collected alot of war relics whilst living up there. when we were moving to australia, i gave alot of my war relics away ( i still feel the pain affer all theses years) as my parents told me, i had no choice since they were paying the shipping costs to brisbane. i only have a couple of jap helmets,a jap water bottle & some 7.7 & 6.5 jap ammo. id love to pop up there for a week to go looking for some war relics. ive always wanted to own a jap machine gun, only problem is i dont know if i will be allowed to bring it back to brisbane. i was up in moresby for a weekend 2 weeks ago , just checking out moresby, its kinda gone down hill since we lived there. air fares are very reasonable with airlines png & virgin combined services. i can fly round trip 475.00 which is alot cheaper than with air nuigini. maybe you could point me in the right direction to try & get hold of a jap machine gun. in the mean time im going to contact australian customs & find out if im allowed to bring one back to brisbane. cheers james tinalli.

jamie
    ?

Hi James,

There arent too many people around Lae selling WW2 war relics anymore. To find a Jap Machine gun now I think the best bet would be to visit the old Jap bases around the place ie Salamua, Rabaul etc and ask the locals that live in the nearby villages if they have any relics they are willing to part with, or alternatively if you have the time, find a guide, and go out digging or looking or relics yourself.

If I hear of any WW2 Jap stuff for sale I will let you know.

Good Luck,

Jamie

jamtin
    ?

hi! jamie, thanks for getting back to me. i was thinking of going to a local village near any battle fields or bases & asking the locals if they know of any jap war reliics around in their area. i would be happy to pay them for helping me out , if they dont mind my intrusion. i was also thinking of purchasing a good metal detector & bringing it with me on my trip up to new guinea. before i do anything, im also waiting for australian customs to get back to me to see if im allowed to bring the war relics back to brisbane. if im not allowed then thats the end of the story for me. ill let you know how i go with australian customs & if there are any requirements that have to be met. cheers james from brisbane..

Default Re: How to preserve Papua New Guinea ww2 relics

i have to say i am envious of that 50 cal! any ideas on the history behind it (i.e. from an aircraft)

regards Mad_ideas

Default Re: How to preserve Papua New Guinea ww2 relics

i James,
    I have just sold a guy in Redlynch Queensland a german stick grnd,
    Before he could get it into the country he had to get a permit
    for it to go through customs. You will have to look into that for import of Japanese MG,s, I know your laws on weapons are very strict even relic or deac.
    dave.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast