Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The insides of a k98 bayonet scabbard..

Article about: Hey guys, I was wondering how you could protect the insides of a scabbard from rusting. You can't really apply renaissance wax to it

Default The insides of a k98 bayonet scabbard..

Hey guys,

I was wondering how you could protect the insides of a scabbard from rusting.
    You can't really apply renaissance wax to it

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The insides of a k98 bayonet scabbard..
    P
    Many

?

A climate controlled dry enviroment would be a good start.
    You can get stuff, that draws the moisture out of the the air or use a de-humidifier depending on how you store your scabbards.

Cosmoline?...

Cristal Gel.

The insides of a k98 bayonet scabbard..

Regards
    Vedran

?

I guess it all depends on the condition to start. If in cherry condition a little spray of oil (CLP) and let it sit mouth down to drain.
    If in not so good condition. (rusted) Then using the correct screwdriver ,you can unscrew the screw(being very careful not to strip the screw head) that holds the throat in and with a couple of taps with a rawhide mallet you can work the throat and the springs out and clean the shell with a firearms cleaning rod with brush and give it a good cleaning and then with the patch attachment you can use a preservative and give it a nice protective coating of your choice. I use a product that is called CLP(Cleans Lubricates Protects). You can also just use the cleaning rod with the patch attachment by itself with out removing the throat and spring to try and just lube the inside BUT, BIG BUT the patch might get caught in the scabbard. Spraying some lube down the scabbard would be the easiest way and you would not have to take anything apart.
    Then keep it in a low humidity environment and use the desiccate mentioned above.

Just my 2 Centavos

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks guys, I'm really paranoid about rust!