Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Lemon Juice

Article about: by Gwar Hey Gunny... You forgot the best part.... Recycle Lemon & salt... Add Tequila and go to bed for 24 hours...Hahahahaa ..BTW... Who was the buckle maker ??? Curious....Gwar Interes

Quote by Dean View Post
    I suppose Stalin used lemon juice to remove the man in this pic?

BTW, I tried the lemon juice on the finn mosin cleaning kit pouch without any noticeable difference, I'm afraid..
    That's a surprise i thought it stood a chance of shifting that!...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lemon Juice
    P
    Many

Actually, and I kid you not, Stalin's hobby was Lemon Growing.

Stalin: The Court of the Red Tsar - by Simon Sebag Montefiore -

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Actually, and I kid you not, Stalin's hobby was Lemon Growing.

Cheers, Ade.
    Wow he lived life on the edge!...

More like anyone who KNEW Stalin lived life on the edge!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    More like anyone who KNEW Stalin lived life on the edge!
    Hahahaaaa just a bit!...

?

Very true indeed funny, I always thought there were two pics taken of that scene..the first one and then another taken after Stalin pushed that fella in the water but all jokes aside, when they wanted you to "disappear", you reeaallyy DISAPPEARED !! From history..
    Ade , that's a very ironic fact about Stalin and lemons. I heard Vlad Lenin had an island full of white rabbits, and he would go there and shoot them periodically .

Without getting too off topic, I was also surprised the lemon juice hadn't done more on my cloth bag. I actually used a lime. I squeezed the lime so a few drops hit the rust stains and avoided the surrounding cloth. I waited a while then rinsed the areas with bottled water (we have very hard water in the tap here, so I didn't want any calcium to get on it) then I dabbed it with a dry rag. I wonder if I was too delicate in this process ? Should I fully submerge the cloth in juice and later , fully submerge in water to rinse?
    I suppose it's worth a try after all, it's isn't like I can't replace this and they aren't too costly.

Quote by Dean View Post
    Very true indeed funny, I always thought there were two pics taken of that scene..the first one and then another taken after Stalin pushed that fella in the water but all jokes aside, when they wanted you to "disappear", you reeaallyy DISAPPEARED !! From history..
    Ade , that's a very ironic fact about Stalin and lemons. I heard Vlad Lenin had an island full of white rabbits, and he would go there and shoot them periodically .

Without getting too off topic, I was also surprised the lemon juice hadn't done more on my cloth bag. I actually used a lime. I squeezed the lime so a few drops hit the rust stains and avoided the surrounding cloth. I waited a while then rinsed the areas with bottled water (we have very hard water in the tap here, so I didn't want any calcium to get on it) then I dabbed it with a dry rag. I wonder if I was too delicate in this process ? Should I fully submerge the cloth in juice and later , fully submerge in water to rinse?
    I suppose it's worth a try after all, it's isn't like I can't replace this and they aren't too costly.
    I just found this on a fabrics site dean!....

"Squeeze lemon juice onto the stain so that the spot is thoroughly saturated.
    Sprinkle salt onto the lemon juice.
    Allow the salt and juice to react with the stain for 24 hours. Refresh the lemon juice to keep the spot damp.
    Blot the stain (do not rub, as this may damage the fibers).
    Rinse the spot with cool water. You may repeat the process, if needed."

?

Wow, great thanks Paul! Salt was the only step I missed, it sounds like. I suppose I'll be dipping into my margarita salt I want to use sea salt instead of the iodized crap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lemon Juice  

?

I turned the pouch inside out and found a surprise. It seems there is still rusted metal attached to the fabric I will soak the area with some juice and salt and see if it loosens enough to remove without damaging the cloth.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lemon Juice  

?

Default Gunny

Hey Gunny... You forgot the best part.... Recycle Lemon & salt... Add Tequila and go to bed for 24 hours...Hahahahaa ..BTW... Who was the buckle maker ??? Curious....Gwar

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast