Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Lemon Juice

Article about: by Gwar Hey Gunny... You forgot the best part.... Recycle Lemon & salt... Add Tequila and go to bed for 24 hours...Hahahahaa ..BTW... Who was the buckle maker ??? Curious....Gwar Interes

Default Lemon Juice

Lemon Juice
    Rust removing.
    After a few members getting slightly confused (including me) about the above thread eg lemon juice, i thought what the hell i will try lemon juice and dug out the pictured relic buckle to be the guinea pig. Well much to my surprise after soaking in lemon juice for 12 hours i'm seeing results as a lot of the rust has disolved, i'm going to leave it soaking for another 12 hours and see what it looks like. I'll post an "after" photo at the weekend!...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lemon Juice
    P
    Many

I bet lemon juice smells better than the vinegar I use for cleaning my relics!

Martin

Quote by Salzburg View Post
    I bet lemon juice smells better than the vinegar I use for cleaning my relics!

Martin
    Smells nice at first but begins to stink a little as it reacts with the rust!..

?

I wondered what was going on here?? I thought hey up Paul's been on the sauce? Then I read the thread & found it was normal thread about buckles!! lol...look forward to seeing the results... Cheers Terry

I remember, there used to be guys that swore by soaking the rustys in Coca-cola...as I recall, my own Father used to soak rusty wrenches in it...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Lemon Juice
    OK folks here's the finished result, it's been soaking in lemon juice for 24 hours and given a light brushing with an old tooth brush. I'm very pleased with the way it turned out and can even see the maker mark on the rear, can you guess the maker?....

Wisdom...???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lemon Juice  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hahahhaaaaa p*ss off Ned!...

Joe's Fruit Store(JFS)? Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Joe's Fruit Store(JFS)? Leon.
    Noooo

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast