Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Luftschutz factory Helmet?

Article about: Hi all. I guess the most of you don't like to see this but done is done. I have posted it in the helmet section before. The outer paint was black, under that; white and then green paint with

?

Default Luftschutz factory Helmet?

Hi all. I guess the most of you don't like to see this but done is done. I have posted it in the helmet section before. The outer paint was black, under that; white and then green paint with a Carlsberg decal.

Thoghts came up on it being a Carlsberg factory helmet (it was also found in Denmark). But it seemed that the black and white paint wasn't original and I wanted to try to edge down the paint, to practice and learn how to do it. I have also emailed Carlsberg and got this answer:

"Thank you for your e-mail. The logo is correct for the period. The helmet was originally white and part of the uniform for a special fire brigade, that was created because of the bombing risk during the occupation of Denmark."

Now i'm getting worried, have I destroyed an original paint? And at some spots under the green some black spots came up showing that it was black from the beginning. I really need help with this one and will not harm it any more.

(No critics, done is done.)

Best Regards Sweguy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130417_084559.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	500528Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130417_084755.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	500529Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130417_084613.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	500530Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130417_084806.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	500531Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130417_084819.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	500532

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftschutz factory Helmet?

It was "Probably the best fireman's helmet in the world"....

Just blow the froth off a couple and put it down to experience!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Shame on you! No... just kidding. Too bad it went a little too far, I'd love to have a "Bierschutz" myself!

?

Yes, I just take it as an experience and like slados28 said, it is really nice to have a Bierschutz. It will be my bear-drinking helmet!

I want the same with Coca- Cola!