Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

m-16 helmet -field green or apple green ?

Article about: I picked up a German M16/17 shell which had the original green in side paint, but the out side was painted gray. I have had good luck in the taking off new paint in the past, but this time,

?

Default m-16 helmet -field green or apple green ?

I picked up a German M16/17 shell which had the original green in side paint, but the out side was painted gray. I have had good luck in the taking off new paint in the past, but this time, there was no original paint under the gray paint. I am thinking of re-painting it (not to make a fake ,but for display only) My question is should it be field green or apple green and could someone suggest a good dealer where I could get the right color paint.-

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m-16 helmet -field green or apple green ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: m-16 helmet -field green or apple green ?

Use Feldgrau 1.WK , i obtained a spray tin (Lackspray) a couple of years ago from Militaria Versand Emig he shipped it to the U.K. no problem but i dont know about the States, he has recently changed his website appearance & i have had trouble navigating the site (DOH), however, see if you can, i have his e-mail address as, kpemig@aol.com. Do not use WW2 field gray/apple green, it is the wrong shade for WW1.

Polpara
    ?

I prefer the field green myself, though either may look great.
    Here's a good source for you:
    GERMAN HELMET PAINT AND DECALS

The site Polpara has listed is the better one for you, as he is stateside, and at $15 a tin is a bargain, ive checked it out and the shade seems to be spot on,(compare against WW2 colour).

Ok what is your helmet M16 or M17? Witch liner has on it?, because the field green will be the best option for a M17 accord to regulations, also if is a M17 or M18 can pass as a transitional reissue M31 for the Heer or Kriegsmarine, the apple green you find more in the M16 early WWI and it is not to often to find that ones between the transitional.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m-16 helmet -field green or apple green ?