Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

M16 Restoration Project

Article about: German M16, ET64 in good condition with a couple of cracks and the odd ding, well worth some love and attention after spending it's post war life in the care of bikers by the looks. Purchase

?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Restoration Project
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Gosh now your just being cruel.
    I second that dare
    Geez guys, that is cruel.....poor thing just needs to sit on a shelf some place and gather some well earned dust.

?

(cue chicken parody noises)

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    (cue chicken parody noises)
    M16 Restoration Project

?

Congratulations on a job very well done Ian! That is honestly one of the nicest looking restored lids I have seen! I take it you have used that same technique of aging the helmet before as it would seem you have it down to a fine art! I would be ruddy chuffed with an irremovable grin if I could throw a lid like that on display done by my own hand! Thanks for sharing this with us! Cheers, Sean.

?

Quote by seandm View Post
    Congratulations on a job very well done Ian! That is honestly one of the nicest looking restored lids I have seen! I take it you have used that same technique of aging the helmet before as it would seem you have it down to a fine art! I would be ruddy chuffed with an irremovable grin if I could throw a lid like that on display done by my own hand! Thanks for sharing this with us! Cheers, Sean.
    Cheers Sean,

No this is actually the first time I've used oils on a helmet, had the crappy set of paints lying around for years and never thought of it. Adds instant grime and depth. Have used just about everything else in the past including washes, airbrush, soot and boot polish. This is very nice and I may return to my other helmets to give them similar treatment. Will post a couple more photos once the liner is done to satisfaction.

Now you guys have me pondering a camo helmet....aaaaarrrgggghhhh!!!

?

Mission.Accomplished

?

Hey Ian, That is certainly impressive. Even the general wear to the edges, Chips to paint etc looks absolutely convincing. It looks original! I look forward to seeing the liner finished. If it helps at all lol I say leave the helmet as it is, It looks fantastic! But I am sure if you did decide on doing a camo finish it would look equally good once finished. Cheers, Sean

well done ian ,an amazing transformation ,ive enjoyed the step bt step walk through on the process

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5