Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M31 Liner restoration part two electric boogaloo

Article about: Thought I'd share with you my latest project, which is already completed now but first I'll show you the things as they were. I got the 58 size leather for my 58 size liner band and inner ri

Default M31 Liner restoration part two electric boogaloo

Thought I'd share with you my latest project, which is already completed now but first I'll show you the things as they were.
    I got the 58 size leather for my 58 size liner band and inner ring out of an M26 Adrian helmet.
    Perhaps during occupation the French soldier had this made for him, because this was definitely done semi-professionally. They had the felt removed from the leather and then got two other felt pieces from german liners and sewed them together and then back into the leather, then they marked out with a red substance where to put the attaching hooks to put the leather in the M26 helmet.
    So I started by removing the hooks (I'll keep them for when I find a nice Adrian helmet liner) and the felt pieces, after a lot of cutting open seams I was left with 3 felt pieces, now all I had to do was to restitch the felt into the leather, only took about an hour doing it by hand. I aged the thread by putting mud in my hand and then going along it. I then used some leather fat on the thread so it wouldn't end up looking fuzzy at the end and then I went stitching away.
    Will post the finished result in a bit.
    By the way, the leather is in immaculate condition, extremely soft and supple, I have yet to have had such a nice one
    And the M26 with the leather only cost me 70€.
    Will post the M26 later aswell, a nice Carpentier marked D shell with the infantry badge.
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M31 Liner restoration part two electric boogaloo   M31 Liner restoration part two electric boogaloo  

M31 Liner restoration part two electric boogaloo   M31 Liner restoration part two electric boogaloo  

M31 Liner restoration part two electric boogaloo   M31 Liner restoration part two electric boogaloo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M31 Liner restoration part two electric boogaloo
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looking good!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice work Luis and good photos.

Look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Andrew

Thank you MAP and Andy,
    here is the leather as it was once I was done stitching the felt lining in the way it is supposed to be, once you've done this sort of thing a few times it really feels like it comes together on its own
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M31 Liner restoration part two electric boogaloo   M31 Liner restoration part two electric boogaloo  

Going to have to get a bunch of French vegan protestors here!
    Looking forward to the end result.

Alright, here is the finished result, don't want you to wait for any longer