Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 Q66 refurbishment project

Article about: Here starts my first refurbishment project. The goal is apple green WH DD. The helmet had post war black paint and SS decals. I took the helmet to sodablasting. Next im going to try to sandp

Default M35 Q66 refurbishment project

Here starts my first refurbishment project. The goal is apple green WH DD.
    The helmet had post war black paint and SS decals. I took the helmet to sodablasting. Next im going to try to sandpaper those scratches I earlier made to the helmet.
    Lot number 937
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Q66 refurbishment project   M35 Q66 refurbishment project  

M35 Q66 refurbishment project  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Q66 refurbishment project
    P
    Many

Default .

I ordered decals and apple green can paint from DDay1944. They couldnt ship spray paint to my country, so I had to buy the can version and take it to a paint shop to have them bottled to a spray bottles (2). I have painted the helmet and will upload pictures when I get to photograph the helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Q66 refurbishment project   M35 Q66 refurbishment project  

Default .

Here's the painted shell.

MAP
    ?

Looking nice!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default .

I applied Bigfoot Quist decal. I did the mistake of letting some of the glue dry in the paint outside the decal. I'll try to remove it somehow later.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Q66 refurbishment project  

And how is the helmet going by now?

Did you use any primer?

Im still waiting for good repro liners and straps to come available. European stores seem to have been out of them for a long time.

- - ------- - -

No

I have a question. Is this the correct type of colour for apple green? Most pictures of new and old original apple green helmets are not matte at all and this one is very matte.

?

on the early helmets of the apple color I met a semi-matte color

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast