Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

M35 Restoration

Article about: ive been thinking of restoring this helmet but i dont know if i should due to the fact that it has part of its decal and most of its paint left and would look good as a relic but i would lik

Default Re: M35 Restoration

I do helmet restoration myself sometimes and i think this helmet is too good to restore. Still got some history to it. Get a cheap bad condition relic to work on. Just my opinion. Paul E have one for sale. I have a thread on how i do it in the restoration sub forum if you are interested. For rusty helmets you can also just use vinegar. Takes little more time but much safer than oxalic.

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I agree with the others, find something in worse condition to restore and keep the history of this beauty 'as is'.

There are more than a few threads in this forum related to oxalic treatment, you should find most of the information you need there but if in doubt don't be afraid to ask.

Thanks For the help, I will treat it with the acid and I will post pictures of it after it's been cleaned. But before when I cleaned it with water and a brush ive discovered HAIR... There was hair under the thin layer of rust that had gotten tangled in the brush and I can still see outlines of pieces of hair under the rust.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12