Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Mauser restoration

Article about: Hello recently I was able to get a Mauser rifle Unfortunately, it needs renovation. It has a lot of original blue Please advise me if it's worth giving a new, or simply remove only that rust

Gsturms
    ?

Default Mauser restoration

Hello
    recently I was able to get a Mauser rifle
    Unfortunately, it needs renovation. It has a lot of original blue

Please advise me if it's worth giving a new, or simply remove only that rust on him find
    Please, tips, and techniques of how to do this professionally

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mauser restoration   Mauser restoration  

Mauser restoration   Mauser restoration  

2. # ADS

There is a Lot of missing metal in the barrel alone. I think at this point in it's lifetime, you're looking at a relic rather than something to put money and time to work to restore. I would stabilize the corrosion on it and probably just keep it as is. It went through alot to end up looking like it does now-it's earned a rest.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I agree with William 100% on what he has said.

The condition of the barrel pitting and the erosion on the receiver would make this a VERY UNSAFE RIFLE to shoot. The amount of metal needed to be removed to bring this back to any resemblance of restoration would be enormous and the rifle would never look like it's original configuration.
    Semper Fi
    Phil