MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Medal ribbon: need help please

Article about: I have damaged goods, ribbon was mint. How can I fix this. Thanks in advance.

Put them between a towel and iron them for a few moments with a steam iron. They will flatten out and uncurl just fine.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal ribbon: need help please
    P
    Many

?

Chrisk, It's a shame that this has happened... Have you made any determination as to the source of the defect,
    and tried to remedy the situation any further in the future ? Thanks goodness it wasn't a stamp collection that may have washed away by spilling a little bit of grog or other substance of liquid and really creating a "Sticky situation " Your friend G..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medal ribbon: need help please  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

This happened during the move G, not sure how it happened.

I know I am going to sound like someone at the airport but. did you pack it yourself. Your in AZ correct, did your stuff get roasted in a trailer ect during the move? If so they might have had a very very slight amount of moisture and when the roasted they curly, just throwing it out there.

?

A very good observation GP... Plausible... FL to AZ may have had an effect... G-man

I moved back to Florida from Az. I haven't changed it yet. I packed them my self.

MAP
    ?

Chris,

As William and I said, use an iron with a towel. You don't want the direct heat on the ribbon. My Mom would use a slightly damp towel (very slightly damp) years ago as I don't think she had a steam iron. As you note, you don't have an iron. Maybe there is a nice old lady (not joking on this) you know with many years of experience in ironing who could help.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Chrisk, have you tried Wagriff's solution ?? G

?

Quote by Chrisk View Post
    This happened during the move G, not sure how it happened.
    You did not sacrifice a virgin to the moving Gods before you moved.

?

They are destroyed. Sorry, so just send the ruined medals to me- i will dispose of them....

No seriously do as the other suggested. Water on the ribbon, then place the ribbon under two pieces of glass. Put something heavy on top. (bible would do)
    Wait one week and Voila, as good as new.

Be careful if you drying under heat or strong light. (no bueno i believe) use room temperature only.

Patience young Skywalker, patience

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast