Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

my new helmet i want to restore any coments

Article about: I would leave as is Barry - the vent hole will ALWAYS be different to any German maker ( a bit like Quist but not enough ) and the liner and strap may well be original Finnish too. In years

Default Re: my new helmet i want to restore any coments

I would leave as is Barry - the vent hole will ALWAYS be different to any German maker ( a bit like Quist but not enough ) and the liner and strap may well be original Finnish too. In years to come people will be looking for unmolested examples and you may wish you hadn't pulled it apart.
    I'd look for a TR example to restore!
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my new helmet i want to restore any coments
    P
    Many

Definitely post war

?

my new helmet i want to restore any comentsmy new helmet i want to restore any coments

- - Updated - -

does this look like a finnish liner and chin strap

?

and whats a tr example?

Yes that is a Finnish liner and chinstrap. I'm sure now that the helmet you posted is an original German helmet shell (Quist as ObKrieger pointed out) that was repainted and used by Finland post war. I would keep it as is, and instead buy a stripped shell. I would recommend buying one from Ken N at Germanhelmetsinc.com. I think he might have 1 or 2 extras lying around
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my new helmet i want to restore any coments  

Quote by barry View Post
    and whats a tr example?
    *Third Reich example, original WWII German helmet liner. Here is a photo from GermanHelmetDepot.com
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my new helmet i want to restore any coments  

i would leve it just that air vents and shape of these post war helmets will not look right as a ww2 lid you can get 42 m40 shells or somtime with liner for a good price and these ones will be post war painted ones anyway ie black. i got a m40 shell a while ago for 40bucks and pianted it up and put decals on it and gave to a mate to hang with the rest of his bits in his shed. but its your helmet.

?

thanks yall i will keep it as is

i still think its a good helmet if you can get the rivet and washer for it. the finish army used a wide range of still helmet threw out the years and the one you have is a good example.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2