Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Nebelwerfer 15cm Rocket

Article about: Was not sure where to put this, as my last thread about restoring the StuG III armour was in the 'Germany WW1 and WW2 armour, artillery and vehicles' section, if it is in the wrong section m

  1. #1

    Default Nebelwerfer 15cm Rocket

    Was not sure where to put this, as my last thread about restoring the StuG III armour was in the 'Germany WW1 and WW2 armour, artillery and vehicles' section, if it is in the wrong section moderators please move.

    Well I did say I would find another little project and this is it, although I do not have the rear section that contained the explosives and the fuze, I will carry on with the restoration and keep looking for one.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15cm Rocket Parts1.jpg 
Views:	847 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	872888

    Have had the rocket head for a while now, made a start on that last year. Gave the main body a good clean today and removed most of the rust on the outside. The main body is very pitted so will need to soak it in rust remover, this will also help the inside which I can not get too very well. Then it is a case of a lot of filler.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15cm Rocket Body 1st Clean1.jpg 
Views:	494 
Size:	176.5 KB 
ID:	872889Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15cm Rocket3.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	872890

    The last picture shows the head screwed on just to see how it looks.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15cm Rocket Body 1st Clean3.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	872891

    Will update thread when I have done some work on the nozzle section.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    P
    Many
     

  3. #2
    ?

    Default

    A VERY COOL Project
    I look forward to the pic's of the finished product.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

  4. #3

    Default

    Have managed over the last couple of days to fill, rub down and prime the body. Also filled, rubbed down and primed the head again as I was not happy with the finish.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15cm Rocket Primer.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	140.2 KB 
ID:	880185

    The nozzle section has had a soak in the rust remover, but will also need a lot of filler as well.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15cm Rocket Nozzle Base2.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	880188

    The thread on the bottom of the nozzle section is too far gone, so was thinking of making a dummy rear section and glue it in place for the time being.

  5. #4

    Default

    Over the weekend managed to get the first lot of filler rubbed down and primer on the nozzle section, will need a bit more filling.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nozzle Base2.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	140.6 KB 
ID:	884403

    After finding out it was going to be hard to fit the nozzle section, due to worn threads, decided to fit it before any more filling and painting. Good job I did as it was a nightmare to fit. It is now on but the body will need a re-spray as the paint got damaged as I had to hold it in a vice.

    Anyway this is how it looks after this weekends efforts.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rocket2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	884405

Similar Threads

  1. 04-29-2014, 04:30 PM
  2. 04-19-2014, 07:10 PM
  3. 04-11-2014, 07:30 PM
  4. 01-19-2014, 09:50 PM
  5. 10-05-2013, 03:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •