Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Nebelwerfer 15cm Rocket

Article about: Was not sure where to put this, as my last thread about restoring the StuG III armour was in the 'Germany WW1 and WW2 armour, artillery and vehicles' section, if it is in the wrong section m

Default Nebelwerfer 15cm Rocket

Was not sure where to put this, as my last thread about restoring the StuG III armour was in the 'Germany WW1 and WW2 armour, artillery and vehicles' section, if it is in the wrong section moderators please move.

Well I did say I would find another little project and this is it, although I do not have the rear section that contained the explosives and the fuze, I will carry on with the restoration and keep looking for one.

Nebelwerfer 15cm Rocket

Have had the rocket head for a while now, made a start on that last year. Gave the main body a good clean today and removed most of the rust on the outside. The main body is very pitted so will need to soak it in rust remover, this will also help the inside which I can not get too very well. Then it is a case of a lot of filler.

Nebelwerfer 15cm RocketNebelwerfer 15cm Rocket

The last picture shows the head screwed on just to see how it looks.

Nebelwerfer 15cm Rocket

Will update thread when I have done some work on the nozzle section.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nebelwerfer 15cm Rocket
    P
    Many

?

A VERY COOL Project
    I look forward to the pic's of the finished product.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Have managed over the last couple of days to fill, rub down and prime the body. Also filled, rubbed down and primed the head again as I was not happy with the finish.

Nebelwerfer 15cm Rocket

The nozzle section has had a soak in the rust remover, but will also need a lot of filler as well.

Nebelwerfer 15cm Rocket

The thread on the bottom of the nozzle section is too far gone, so was thinking of making a dummy rear section and glue it in place for the time being.

Over the weekend managed to get the first lot of filler rubbed down and primer on the nozzle section, will need a bit more filling.

Nebelwerfer 15cm Rocket

After finding out it was going to be hard to fit the nozzle section, due to worn threads, decided to fit it before any more filling and painting. Good job I did as it was a nightmare to fit. It is now on but the body will need a re-spray as the paint got damaged as I had to hold it in a vice.

Anyway this is how it looks after this weekends efforts.

Nebelwerfer 15cm Rocket