Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Pistole 640 (b) questions on refurbishment

Article about: I recently came into possession of a Pistole 640 b and have some questions on whether the pistol should be refurbished or left as is. As to the condition, the front site is gone, the finish

Default Re: Pistole 640 (b) questions on refurbishment

i agree with Steve. I would leave the finnish alone.
    On another note. Years ago when I was seeing some of these pistols showing up in gun shops. It was a know fact to have it inspected by a Competent gunsmith before trying to load and fire one of these.
    You know what happens when you use slave labor in a Conquered country and an arms plant that was forced to make guns for the conquerer. I have some 7.92X33mm Kurtz that was made with concentration camp labor. Don't really want to shoot it if you know what i am saying.
    Just my thoughts .

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pistole 640 (b) questions on refurbishment
    P
    Many

?

Very true , John. The movie , Schindlers' list displays this practice in a scene. Also the forced labor would do things like break a few teeth on tank gears then glue them back together so it would break down in the field not ling after deployment. Sneaky, weren't they?
    Dean.

?

Again personally I would say to leave well alone, sometimes touching up the original finish where its damaged can also encroach on to areas which are fine, and this in itself can do more harm than good.

On the other hand the best way to re-finish a firearm is to strip the steel bare and prep the metal for the required final surface finish, Matt, gloss black or blued etc then the firearm really needs to go through the same process of Bluing or Blacking that was done at the factory. As with many things there is more than one way of achieving a Blued or Blackened surface but most are dangerous and require practice, and can go horribly wrong for both you or your project.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2