Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Possible German M17(?) Stahlhelm Refurbishment

Article about: (This was posted in the wrong thread, so reposting here!) http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imperi...shment-354183/ Thanks!!

Default Possible German M17(?) Stahlhelm Refurbishment

(This was posted in the wrong thread, so reposting here!)

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...shment-354183/

Thanks!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible  German M17(?) Stahlhelm Refurbishment
    P
    Many

?

Pictures are required.

Hi Steve.

Apologies. There are pics in the link above, but I'll post them here again. As mentioned, this is my first restoration project so I wanted to approach the matter carefully. I'd seen a few links on the web but a bit unsure as to how reliable they are.

The helmet itself appears in decent condition. A fair bit of surface rust but no real serious pitting. The paint job is post war (obviously) and I'm not sure what kind of paint has been used (at first I thought could even be kids poster paint). The lugs etc are fine, no brittle 'growth' on the metal. I expect it's either been left in a garage for years or at least exposed to the elements now and again. Doesn't seem like a ground dug item.

Hope you can help.

M.
    Possible  German M17(?) Stahlhelm RefurbishmentPossible  German M17(?) Stahlhelm RefurbishmentPossible  German M17(?) Stahlhelm RefurbishmentPossible  German M17(?) Stahlhelm Refurbishment

?

You did a nice job.

Hi Steve,

Actually this is the helmet as I bought it (haha). I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on improving it and maybe preserving etc.

If you think it looks pretty good as it is, then maybe I don't need to do as much as I thought!

Cheers.