Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

post war paint removal

Article about: hi guys does anybody know how to remove postwar paint over original paint i have a postwar luftschutz lid but would like to reveal the original paint of which i can see here and there , also

Default post war paint removal

hi guys does anybody know how to remove postwar paint over original paint i have a postwar luftschutz lid but would like to reveal the original paint of which i can see here and there , also there is a decal on the rear apron that has been painted over can anybody advise please thanks james

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement post war paint removal
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: post war paint removal

James,hopefully i might be able to help, first youll have to establish what post war paint has been applied, try a small hidden area with acetone, see if this works, if not you have to try ever stronger paint removers, but this can be dangerous as you might start removing the original layers, hopefully the acetone will work, as for the decal its a case of removing very small layers of paint at a time, until the decals reveals itself clearer, however you might have to decide that all the paint wont get removed therefore the decal remains with some thin layer of paint but is still visible, do not use any type of abrasives or you will scratch into the under layer, have some water handy in order that you can dilute any remover straight away, do small areas at a time and dont rush, it will take a reasonable amount of time to clear the paint so allow for a fair few hours, any questions give me a pm, cheers dave