Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Ren. Wax?

Article about: Ever since I aquired a rather expensive can of Ren. wax to apply to a couple of old swords, I have been going mad applying it to everything, non shooting firearms, other swords, antique radi

Tom2
    ?

Default Ren. Wax?

Ever since I aquired a rather expensive can of Ren. wax to apply to a couple of old swords, I have been going mad applying it to everything, non shooting firearms, other swords, antique radios, etc. Seems to do a wonderful job for me. It is not commonly available at retail outlets in the US and I got mine thru ebay. Are there any situations where it's use is not recommended? I have a somewhat scuffed up German helmet with intact decal, I merely cleaned the helmet carefully and applied overall. No apparent affect on the decal, but I assume there must be something out there that may be negatively impacted by wax or a petrol. based wax like this?

2. # ADS

It's what every museum I've ever worked for uses. I've never heard a bad result except any damage to items in poor shape due to application, not the wax itself. You have to reapply it ever so often. Not sure how long. I think yearly.