Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Restoration of an British MKII helmet

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Looks like a 41 to me. Cheers, Ade. Looks like 41 to me also. Ian D

Default Restoration of an British MKII helmet

I got this helmet yesterday, it had a fake liner and chinstrap that i removed, and now im preparing to bring this helmet to its former glory, it will take some time but i will get it done. i started off this afternoon. keep checking for updates.
    Best regards
    Nuno

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Restoration of an British MKII helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Restoration of an British MKII helmet

Here`s before
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Restoration of an British MKII helmet   Restoration of an British MKII helmet  

Restoration of an British MKII helmet   Restoration of an British MKII helmet  

This is after
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Restoration of an British MKII helmet   Restoration of an British MKII helmet  

This is how it looks so far, iv removed the gray pain completely from the outside and started working on the inside, its a slow going process, but its fun to do it.

Restoration of an British MKII helmet  

Great job, but how you take off paint, because i have simmilar problem with German double decal M35 helmet.

Quote by Inf Div 121 View Post
    Great job, but how you take off paint, because i have simmilar problem with German double decal M35 helmet.
    Thanks, you should use paint remover, you aply it on the paint, wait 5-10 minutes, start scratching and it will peel right off.

A small update on the restoration, this is how it looks like now.
    Tomorow il continue on the inside of the helmet

A few more photos
    Best regards
    Nuno

Hi, just finished the work on the interior of the helmet, couldnt find any markings what so ever, because the interior is a bit damaged. ill keep looking.
    This is the end of phase 1.
    Best regards
    Nuno

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast