Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

restoration: natural bee wax + turpentine

Article about: I've been testing since a while this method of preservation of relic artifacts, which is widely used in the furniture restoration. You basically have to liquify some natural bee wax with tur

?

Default restoration: natural bee wax + turpentine

I've been testing since a while this method of preservation of relic artifacts, which is widely used in the furniture restoration. You basically have to liquify some natural bee wax with turpentine (it takes approx 48 hours) and then apply the product on the relic item, already cleaned (of course). the results are encouraging.
    Regards

Matt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement restoration: natural bee wax + turpentine
    P
    Many

Default Re: restoration: natural bee wax + turpentine

Quote by Zeller View Post
    I've been testing since a while this method of preservation of relic artifacts, which is widely used in the furniture restoration. You basically have to liquify some natural bee wax with turpentine (it takes approx 48 hours) and then apply the product on the relic item, already cleaned (of course). the results are encouraging.
    That sounds very interesting if you have time I would love to some result pics Matt.

Eric

I've been using furniture polish (Briwax) for years its great on rusted metal, wood, leather and rubber (Gasmasks). The only drawback is you have to redo it from time to time to protect rusted metal. Also if there are patches of original paint its great at bringing the original colours back. Try it for yourself on a small piece and see the results.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

?

Sure I will! Meanwhile you can see my first test her relic pistol to ID

bee wax diluted in turpentine is not oily,sticky or glossy. It just preserve the artifact and doesn't alter the final appearance.
    Regards

Matt

?

Hello Luckystrike

I took a look at Briwax and it is actually bee wax. I prefer to do it myself with natural bee wax though. But Briwax is fine!

on dug badges you can obtain good results without damaging them also with shoe polish paste.
    Regards

Matt

?

As Promised, here the result.

I cleaned 2 very rusty P38 mags with Evapo-Rust for few days and then I gave them a final coat of bee wax which I previously prepared for the purpose.
    I am quite satisfied with the result: waffenwamt and serial code are visibile too

restoration: natural bee wax + turpentine
    Regards

Matt