Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Restored German helmets

Article about: Model40, Super restoration!!! I love what you have done, if you like I can refer you with a person who does good M16, 17and 18 liners, I love your M16 reissue with M31, well done. I am going

Default Restored German helmets

here is 3 of my restored helmets ,originaly rusty old shells or horibbly repainted at some time.
    then with a bit of time and patience and carefull thinking ,here you have it.thease helmets i use from time to time for the reenactement.

here is the mod 16 reissued for the luftwaffe

typical before war time

this one is a mod 35 apple green

this is my mod 42 with a chicken wire basket and painted in luftwaffe blue.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Restored German helmets
    P
    Many

Default re: Restored German helmets

Nice lids,,this is the only one i have ,i bought a genuine shell for £15 it had been re issued post ww2 to the czech fire service it had been painted black and had 2 holes in the front for a badge,i cant afford a genuine helmet so thought i would have a go re creating one using repro parts and aging them,im quite pleased with the results so far,i just need to replace the modern net clips with some thing more suitable.perhaps some plain wire ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Restored German helmets   Restored German helmets  

Restored German helmets   Restored German helmets  

Default re: Restored German helmets

Wow, they are great, I have an original shell and liner, the paint is in question, it would look nice as a double decal Heer
    Ben

HerrHenke
    ?

Default Re: Restored German helmets

Good effort.

Always nice to see carefully repainted original shells out there instead of these nasty repros that seem to be flooding the market at the moment.

Neil.

UnknownSoldier
    ?

They are nice, great to see them saved rather than scrapped which has been the case before.

Tom

Johnnie
    ?

A lot of "purists" despise these but I think they certainly have their place and are a wonderful way to save old shells. People fear they will be resold as original, and to some degree that is a lregitimate point, but German helmet collecting has been flooded with so many well done fakes that even experts get fooled into putting then into their textbooks.
    I have ab early M-35 shell that was horribly restored and two Austrian M-16's I picked up in Afghanistan that I will restore or have restored some day.
    Nice helmets, and thanks for sharing these.

Johnnie

?

Nice restorations, great saves. I think there is a great market for good restorations, if they were identified and priced as restorations, there still "real" German helmets, but as long as sellers can make more money passing restorations off as originals, were screwed!

neil.

...after reading this thread, I'm getting in the mood to buy an old helmet and restore it. I should do the Afrikakorps helmet with a palm tree decal. I'll stick photos on a WW-II forum and watch'em start screaming! lol.
    Last edited by neil; 09-08-2008 at 09:37 AM.

I like thise treath!
    Nice work.
    I have got the same opinion if a restored object is sold as "a restored" object there is no probleme. And the price is something only seller and buyer to agree on.
    I did some restaurations on items who where more expensive then buying a not damaged one ...but the probleme was; you could not find one. I am talking ceramics , not militaria.
    Here are my helmets... in restauration. Still did not finished one. As I started thise just to use my "left overs", it doesn't come at a great speed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Restored German helmets   Restored German helmets  

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Thumbs up Re: Restored German helmets

Well done.... I have a question where did you find the net?

These are some of my helmets. I saw another guy who says he found helmets in Afghanistan, I am in Kandahar-Afghanistan and I did found 13 too I would love to know where he found his.

Diego

Restored German helmets  

Diego, super restored helmets !....my wife would even let me put those on display in the living room !!....keep it up.
    Regards......

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast