Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Restoring a german "crusher cap"

Article about: Hello everyone, i bought what looks like a Schirmmütze Alter Art, in a state that can only be described as "garbage". Since i am sewing repro crusher caps as a hobby for some time

excellent .........true work of art. Another piece saved.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very nice job, do you have pictures from " work in progess ? "

Quote by remss View Post
    Very nice job, do you have pictures from " work in progess ? "
    yes, a few indeed, i shall post them as soon as i get to it!

thank you all very much!

Hi Helen. did you get the eagle with the cap?

Nice handiwork!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Fantastic job Helen

Semper Fi

To say you are unsatisfied with the result is to do yourself a disservice Helen.This is like reskinning a skeleton and being disappointed that it cannot speak!

Comparing the before and after photos is a truly astounding sight to behold.

Best, Dan
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

Looking at the original pics again, I'd have to say it had a certain charm already, but being an inveterate tinkerer myself, I doubt I would have been able to leave it alone... but I may as well have, I would have had no clue as to how to do what was done to this one to bring it back, BRAVO!!!

I have to admit, that I would have thought this cap to be way beyond saving, but you have done a Shockingly excellent job of it! Now, apply some blacking to that visor and stick an eagle on it, and it will look like a well worn cap straight from the battlefield! Superb job,Helen!

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

As said above by other, I too thought it was beyond hope but your really pulled this one off. You accepted the challenge and succeeded far beyond expectations.
    My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast