Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

restoring M16 helmet what decals paint?

Article about: Hello again, I have just decided to restore my helmet.Please give me some advises for what color to choose and what decals to use? I know tha the helmet is ww1.Did they have decals on the ww

Default restoring M16 helmet what decals paint?

Hello again,
    I have just decided to restore my helmet.Please give me some advises for what color to choose and what decals to use?

I know tha the helmet is ww1.Did they have decals on the ww1?what type please?Sorry for the stupid questions but m new to helmets.
    If i will like to paint it like ww2 what type of decals i have to use?

Thanks
    George

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement restoring M16 helmet what decals paint?
    P
    Many

?

Thumbs up Re: restoring M16 helmet what decals paint?

Hi George, It depends if you want to restore your helmet as a WW1 helmet or a WW2 transitional helmet. Many M16 Helmets were re issued in WW2 with all types of decals. check out this link for decals German Helmet Decals

I restored an M16 helmet recently using satin black paint and replicated an SS helmet. Have a look

Cheers

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture restoring M16 helmet what decals paint?   restoring M16 helmet what decals paint?  

restoring M16 helmet what decals paint?  

Default Re: restoring M16 helmet what decals paint?

nice helmet,
    I would like to restore it as a transitional helmet.The old man that i take the helmet has stolen it from German ground troops when they entered to his village and make damages.That is the story of the helmet.
    So i have to paint it RAL 6006(satin or matte?)?and for the ground troops have to choose Heer eagle with tri-color?

Thanks
    George

Hi George,

I did not use a tri color shield on this reissue M16 Austrian.

I enclose a before and after pic. (both after the fire that destroyed my collection)

Cheers,
    Emile
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture restoring M16 helmet what decals paint?   restoring M16 helmet what decals paint?  

what color did you used for the helmet??
    They told me to color in ral codes.
    first is 7009 for the ww1 and the 6006 for the ww2.So i have to use the second option.Have anyone use it?

Hi Giorgos,

I do not know anymore which paints I used. It was done by trial and error. Have a look at the link. Might be helpfull.

eBay Guides - Military Helmet Restoration

RAL Colours

Succes,
    Emile

?

Hi,

The helmet to the right is painted "Feldgrau" with RAL6006.

6bm8

Nice,That's it !!!
    I will paint with ral 6006 i like it

Thanks

I would really consider whether I would restore a helmet. It must be in true relic state to make it restauration provitable.
    On a second note:
    Shame to hear about that fire Emiel
    It should be every collectors nightmare if not everyone's nightmare to lose everything.

Quote by magicdutchmen View Post
    I would really consider whether I would restore a helmet. It must be in true relic state to make it restauration provitable.
    Mine is in relic condition.you can see it here M 16 German helmet?repaint it??

The helmet was usted with no paint or decals on it.But the good is that the metal is not pitted.I have cleaned with soft methods in the beggining searching for paint or decals.After i found that nothing appears i used the hard method.Wire brush.So i have now a good cleaned steel helmet.I know the true history of the helmet.And i want to paint it for two reasons.Firts for my collection and second to saw it to the old man that he gave it to me.And see the reactions!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast