Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SE/hkp M42 Luftwaffe "restore"

Article about: Hi All! I got one SE/hkp M42... little bit rusty, but not too bad... (see on the pictures) With the help of my friend, we've put it back a bit..i hope thats its not too bad? What do you thin

Hermann LW
    ?

Default SE/hkp M42 Luftwaffe "restore"

Hi All!

I got one SE/hkp M42... little bit rusty, but not too bad... (see on the pictures)

With the help of my friend, we've put it back a bit..i hope thats its not too bad?

What do you think?

2. # ADS

I think you've done alright - perhaps a little 'shiny' but still looks good. Colour seems OK too.
    You could probably get some split pins fairly cheaply to complete the look?
    Nick

MAP
    ?

So you varnished it? Was the decal added to a relic shell or was it just cleaned? I can't tell from my cell phone

Personally I would have left it untouched but that is just me.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    So you varnished it? Was the decal added to a relic shell or was it just cleaned? I can't tell from my cell phone

Personally I would have left it untouched but that is just me.
    He's just varnished the repro decal, like on the original ones. The decal is from me btw. I think he did a wonderful job for the first time.

Hermann LW
    ?

Hi MAP!

THX your reply!

I cleaned the helmet, then spraying little bit, after decaling, then varnish the decal...I still have to make a matt surface.. This its my first job.

MAP
    ?

Thanks guys.

It will display very well.

Not being a pain, just my advice...as we all know, the markets are flooded with helmets that have added decals but that are sold as real. I know you are doing this for yourself and not to sell but I would always recommend just a little clarity and to note if a decal has been added. When I looked at this from my cell phone it was clear that it was a repro decal.

Again, as a restoration project there is no issue. And you did well. Congrats!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)