Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Whether you consider these works as a trench arts ?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this trench art .

1 6.25%
  • It was pleasant to me, but that that not that.

3 18.75%
  • Even I find it difficult to answer.

1 6.25%
  • No, it not trench art

11 68.75%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Trench Art from Ukraine

Article about: I welcome you, colleagues! I ask you to excuse me for bad English... I work through an online translator . I want to present on your court my works on a trench-art . Sculptural compositions

Default Trench Art from Ukraine

I welcome you, colleagues!
    I ask you to excuse me for bad English... I work through an online translator . I want to present on your court my works on a trench-art . Sculptural compositions are made of splinters of artillery shells, air bombs and mortar mines, as Soviet and German production and German barbed wire. As I go in for military archeology on Second World War places - to find the necessary material to me it is possible... Parts are welded by electric welding, an electrode in diameter of 2 mm. Previously fragments of ammunition cleaned off from a sheeted rust in hydrochloric acid and covered with an anticorrosive mixture. Compositions called - " War flowers ". In process five more compositions - so continuation follows! I wait your objective criticism and wishes. To me it is important!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trench Art from Ukraine   Trench Art from Ukraine  

Trench Art from Ukraine   Trench Art from Ukraine  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Trench Art from Ukraine
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Trench Art from Ukraine

I hope you take great care when handling the raw materials for your 'war flowers.'
    You really should not handle the unexploded ones when digging, unless of course you only take parts of exploded ordnance.
    I have a few small bits of exploded mortar rounds. I keep them, as I found them myself, but actually find them rude and crude (the fragments, that I have) and dont really have a spot for them, so Im not really in the market for your art, but I wish you all the best in your endevour.
    I prefer the MG - tell us more, please!

Fragments and stabilizators, as well as other finds are found on the places of fights of soviet army with parts of vermakhta and troops of SS, fights of autumn of 1943.
    ..... Purveyances before work ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trench Art from Ukraine   Trench Art from Ukraine  

Trench Art from Ukraine   Trench Art from Ukraine  

Trench Art from Ukraine  

The world would be a boring place indeed if we all had the same opinions and liked the same things. Whilst there would inevitably be some market for your creations, they do not appeal to me and, personally, I find the mock 'blood' effect to be tasteless bordering on the crass. Sorry, but you did ask!

Мир был бы скучным местом, если бы у всех нас было то же мнение и любил то же самое. В то время как неизбежно было бы [I] некоторые [/ I] рынок для ваших творений, они не обращаются ко мне и лично я считаю, эффект макет 'кровь', чтобы быть безвкусным, граничащих с грубым. Извините, но вы спросите!

I thank you for that was worked to translate ! Nevertheless . Apparently for us different perception of the world, good and evil . To you, above-ground in Western Europe, never to understand those, who lives in East, the more so in the postsoviets states . And question, without prejudgement - did your grandfather militate at the east front and how many hundred soldiers and officers you found on the fields of battles, exhumed, identified and deservingly buried with all honours !!!??? I wait an answer .
    Although agree - it not trehch art . I will name this direction is a SCULPTURE OF FRONTLINE METAL .
    Last edited by Exhumator; 09-17-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Addition !

You on the floor of year to us, in the fields of battles Second World, with a shovel in hands, in pit measuring with a tank, and to choose bones from dirt, but not to grind the back-end of body at a monitor .... Although doubt is different mentality ! And that touches, so-called "trench art", that you have for sale is greater part a dung is doggy, modern handmade.
    As that so .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trench Art from Ukraine  

?

It is very creative work from found battlefield scraps and pieces. Yes it is art but would not be considered trench art.

Many thanks . As I marked higher - I agree, that hired not laid in the scopes of trench art and showed, out as far as brains were enough - in the new division of art . If honestly, analogues I did not see, that who did that similar things ... Although revised the internet carefully . If administration of web-site will not be hampered, by that to rename the name of my theme, if it maybe in " Sculpture of frontline metal from Ukraine "... So it will be more precisely . I beg pardon, if who that or offended . For me it threw aspersed with blood of my relatives, lost in Second World in 1941 . As they say for us - " I Look at skulls and see a faces, I look at a faces - I see skulls" .

I like the term you first used - 'War Flowers'. Interesting sculptures,
    though I agree - lose the 'blood' spatter. Better market for ground
    dug helmets, badges and belt buckles, I should think.
    Got any of those.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Nice art pieces!

For me also the blood paint is too much but the 'war flowers' work is very impressive.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast