Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Water-based decal removal!

Article about: Hi, I have a period scratched Heer M40 in nice condition but with repro decal. I have tried to remove it with a warm and moisty wettex but without result. Any tips here for decal removal? Th

?

Default Water-based decal removal!

Hi, I have a period scratched Heer M40 in nice condition but with repro decal. I have tried to remove it with a warm and moisty wettex but without result.

Any tips here for decal removal?

Thanks AlWater-based decal removal!Water-based decal removal!Water-based decal removal!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Water-based decal removal!
    P
    Many

A bit of thread necromancy here, but let me reply anyway.
    You'll need to go to a hobby store where they sell plastic models and the associated gear to assemble them. You are looking for "Decal Softener".
    The best method to remove one of these is to lay a wet paper towel-not a sponge, as I think a 'wettex' is, but a warm, wet paper towel over the decal for five minutes or so. When the decal is good and warm and wet, apply the decal softener. This product is actually used to make the decal snug down and eliminate air bubbles for modeling purposes, but for our purposes, it makes the plastic of the decal very weak. Let it sit for longer than the directions call for and you should be able to simply wipe the whole thing off.

?

It`s called Solvaset,works great.....Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Water-based decal removal!  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE