Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

What to use to preserve leaher

Article about: ....JUST ASKING THE COMMUNITY WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST STUFF TO USE ON WW2 LEATHER?...IE BOOTS....STRAPS ETC....IVE HEARD ALOT OF DO AND DONT'S...JUST NEED SOME ADVISE FROM PEOPLE THAT HAVE HA

Default What to use to preserve leaher

....JUST ASKING THE COMMUNITY WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST STUFF TO USE ON WW2 LEATHER?...IE BOOTS....STRAPS ETC....IVE HEARD ALOT OF DO AND DONT'S...JUST NEED SOME ADVISE FROM PEOPLE THAT HAVE HAD EXPERIENCE.....CHEERS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What to use to preserve leaher
    P
    Many

Default Re: What to use to preserve leaher

There are many leather dressings which can be used for this purpous. Different people have different idea's on this subject. Some will even tell you to leave the leather as it is. I would advise you to get in touch with the conservation department of your nearest museum. You can guarantee that anything they tell you will be the right thing to do.

Default Re: What to use to preserve leaher

There is a product named "Lexol" that I have used for years with excellent results. It contains glycerin which help soften the leather and it is non-alkaline so it won't destroy the piece you are working on over time.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]