Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

When Handling Your Items Do You Wear Gloves?

Article about: Hi Just wondering if when handling your items do you wear gloves? I have heard many different ways of handling your items though this way seems to be the most recommended. Thanks Cameron

Default When Handling Your Items Do You Wear Gloves?

Hi

Just wondering if when handling your items do you wear gloves?

I have heard many different ways of handling your items though this way seems to be the most recommended.

Thanks

Cameron

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: When Handling Your Items Do You Wear Gloves?

Not usually, but I collect helmets. If I collected say, daggers, I would probably wear gloves.

Same as Andy, I don't even own a pair of gloves, but I don't have the items that warrant them.

Jason

?

I try to if I can find them. Failing that I only handle them by the pin or ribbon and avoid putting my fingerprints over the item. My daggers are kept in socks so I've always got those to use.

Hi

OK thanks for the advice guys!

Cameron

Gloves are a good idea, its not good when grease from your fingers gets on to an EK core for example

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Always had some gloves in the shop for me or customers to handle most object, i should do so here again....
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

I like the sock idea if your storing them there ,,but preferably in a climate controlled environment. I handle my dagger at its furthest points, and having a cotton cloth handy when finished. Summer time I store them in Zipperpadded bags with each having its own small gel pack.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi

I think I might go and invest in some cloth gloves then!

Thanks for the help guys!

Cameron

I might not be too knowlegeable about most things but I do know that bare hands on items especially those of metals or alloys can be quite damaging over time. I always try to wear gloves when handling any item regardless of what they're made of and how much they've been handled by gloveless hands prior. I usually buy a box of latex or nylon gloves from Walmart or wherever and keep handy just for this purpose, I prefer disposeable gloves to those that are reuseable for the sole reason I can use a brand new pair each time so there isn't a buildup of dust,etc. on the gloves. Gloveless handling and storage of items in any kind of Ziploc bags make me cringe when I see it. Aside from heat & humidity these are 2 of the most potentially damaging things for Collectibles IMO.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast